Where Is The Home Button On My Samsung Remote Control?

Where is the home button on my Samsung remote control? The home button is present n the central position of the Samsung remote control. You can also find the home button on your Samsung smart TV. When you turn on the TV, you will find the home button at the bottom of the screen.

Why Is Home Button on Samsung Remote Control Not Working?

There might be several reasons why the Samsung TV’s home button is not functioning. In addition, you must ensure that the home button is functional and responsive. If additional buttons are not functioning, the remote batteries maybe end.

Your Samsung TV remote’s “home” button isn’t working because the remote has minor problems or because the button has worn out. Because the Samsung TV operates on WiFi, it is also possible that an unreliable internet connection causes the problem.

On television, out-of-date software and system faults might also cause the problem. Likewise, the following are the primary factors contributing to this problem:

Reasons Explanation
Signal Interference If anything or some dust is on top of the TV remote control, this might happen. There is a problem with the TV’s IR sensor. However, the TV won’t be able to hear what you’re saying.
Power Issue The remote loses its functionality once the batteries run out. Additionally, the remote needs the use of new batteries. None of the buttons on the remote function, even when the device is powered on.
Firmware Glitches When there are problems with the software, the command from the remote is not recognized. Consequently, a problem with the Samsung TV’s home button not working may arise.
Outdated Firmware If you do not keep the TV firmware up-to-date for an extended period, there will be issues. For example, the remote won’t connect to the TV. Consequently, the home button does not work.
Damaged Remote The TV remote is broken and doesn’t work correctly. Nevertheless, if the remote shows any signs of damage. It’s essential to get a new remote control for your TV.

How to make your Samsung TV’s Home Button work again

1 - Reset the remote control

If the technique above doesn’t work, there’s always the option to step things up a notch and get it done. We’ll assume that the TV has a minor problem or glitch in the next step.

A reset is a simplest and most efficient way to get everything back to normal when this happens. If you’re not sure how to proceed, we’ve outlined all you need to know in the following sections.

• Turn on the television and select the settings menu.

• You may reset your device by selecting the settings tab and pressing the reset button.

• A code (0000) must be entered here to reset. Press the reset button once you’ve input the code.

The television will handle the remainder. Allow it to run its course, and it will do a factory reset and then reboot. When it’s finished, you’ll be able to use the menu button once more. As a result, we may have to resort to a more aggressive approach.

2 - Try a reboot.

Admittedly, rebooting your Samsung TV is similar to restarting it but a little harsher. For example, any previously saved settings will be wiped clean.

Although we believe this procedure is the greatest way to get rid of the most errors. You have to remove the power cable from the socket so that no electricity can enter your television set.

After that, the key is to let it sit like this for at least 10 minutes before moving on. Reconnect the TV and attempt turning it on or using the menu button again after this period passes.

3 - Try discharging the remote.

Admittedly, this may all seem a little unusual and difficult to those who haven’t had to do this previously. This is far from reality. Taking the batteries out of the remote is essentially the same as discharging the remote.

In addition, it’s a great method for dealing with tiny issues like these. Take a look at the instructions below, and you’ll be done in a matter of seconds.

• To begin, you will need to remove the remote’s rear case.

• Next, remove the batteries from the device.

• Here’s when things become weird. Press and hold any button for at least 20 seconds while the batteries are removed.

• After this time has expired, all that remains is to put some fresh new batteries in to replace the old ones.

This is the end of the story. Additionally, it’s usually a good idea to choose batteries from a well-known manufacturer. As a result, they’ll last longer and less frequently encounter problems like these.

4 - Update the software

The software will need to be updated regularly with any smart TV or computer, just as with any other smart device. As it is, Samsung’s software is continually being improved and upgraded.

These changes will be performed automatically. However, there is a chance that you may have overlooked a few in the process. But don’t worry, you can still go back and get them now if you choose.

The only thing you need to do is go to the official Samsung website and see if there are any software upgrades for your TV available.

We suggest you take advantage of any available content and download it as soon as possible. Afterward, reset your television once again to ensure everything is operating properly.

5 - The button may just be broken.

Only one more option comes to mind for us if you’ve tried everything else and nothing has worked out for you. It’s right to assume that the problem is mechanical rather than technical.

The remote’s menu button may be damaged. If this is the case, the simplest course of action is to replace the remote. However, check to see if the television is still under warranty. If this is the case, Samsung customer service will be able to fix the one you have.

Summary

Aside from that, we recommend that you only use a remote control compatible with your television. Do not accept a universal remote as an adequate replacement for your TV remote. They’re indeed inexpensive, but they may also be a problem in the long run.

How to Log In to Your Account on the TV

• Press the MENU/123 button on your remote control.

• Choose the menu from the drop-down menu in the top left-hand corner of the screen.

• Select Smart Hub > Samsung Account > Sign In from the drop-down menu.

• Fill in your email ID and password.

• Select Sign In once more.

• Decide on a unique picture to help differentiate your account from others.

• Choose Done from the drop-down menu.

Access menu settings on your Samsung TV

When you wish to make changes to your TV’s image mode. Navigate to the Settings menu. To return to the previous screen, press the Home button. To browse to and choose Settings from the Home screen, use the directional pad on your TV remote.

Select and change your chosen choices from this point on. There are several settings and choices available on your television, which are listed below:

Settings Explanation
Picture Change the viewing mode, the picture size, and the Expert Settings, such as the Backlight and Brightness, as needed.
Sound Set the sound output source and adjust the sound mode for better audio quality. You can fine-tune parameters such as the Balance and Equalizer to your liking.
Broadcasting Auto Program can be used to scan for channels. Parental restrictions can be set up by locking material based on its rating.
General Access Network and Accessibility options, time, language, and your Samsung account. Also, Closed Captions may be accessed under General > Accessibility > Caption Settings.
Support Check for software updates and submit a support request. You can utilize support tools such as Remote Management to troubleshoot problems with your television. You may also see the e-manual online.

Summary

The majority of the time, when you see that any settings are greyed off, there is a good explanation. For further information, please refer to our resource guide.

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs

People asked many questions home button on my Samsung remote control. We discussed a few of them below:

1 - Where is the home button on Samsung Smart TV?

When you switch on the television, the home menu is shown at the bottom of the screen across the whole screen. If this is the case, press the Home or Smart Hub button on your remote control (different models use different buttons).

2 - Where is the home button?

All of the panels have the Home Touch Buttons displayed in a bar at the bottom. They help in making it simple to navigate through the device software. Press the back button to go back one step at a time. Then, shut on-screen elements such as pop-up messages, the on-screen keyboard, etc.

3 - What is the Home button on a TV remote?

The home screen is the screen that appears when you hit the HOME button on the remote control. It is possible to search for material and pick recommended content, apps, and settings from the Home Menu. The items that appear on the Home Menu are determined by a Google Account that has been created on the television.

4 - Does any Samsung remote work with any Samsung TV?

Remotes can range in price depending on the model; however, our infrared remotes are compatible with our televisions and projectors. In other words, you can use whatever IR remote control you like. It will function regardless of whether or not your model is labeled as compatible with that remote.

5 - How can I know if a universal remote will work with my TV?

As long as your smart TV is equipped with an Infrared sensor such as Bluetooth or WiFi. Your universal remote should be compatible with the device.

6 - What are the colored buttons on Samsung remote control?

As per instructions provided in the user guide, the color buttons are used to control certain functions in any software. In most cases, they are leftovers from earlier smart Samsung apps and services no longer in use.

7 - How do I access the settings of a Samsung Smart TV?

Go to Settings. Go to the Settings menu to change your TV’s picture mode, size, and sound. From the home screen, use the TV remote’s directional buttons to navigate and pick settings. Choose the desired setting here.

8 - How do I install an app on the Samsung Smart TV?

1. Use the remote control’s Smart Hub button to access the Smart Hub.

2. If you’re looking for a certain app, use the magnifying glass icon to find it.

3. Installing an application is as simple as typing in its name of it. Select Done when you’re finished.

4. Select Download.

5. Select Open to begin using the new app when it has finished downloading.

9 - Why isn’t my Samsung TV Guide working correctly?

If the problem continues, disconnect your receiver and wait 15 seconds before plugging it back in. Wait 30 minutes after reconnecting the power before attempting Guide or Menu functionality.

10 - How can I get the home button on my Samsung TV screen?

To make the home button function available on the screen, enable AssistiveTouch in the Accessibility section. The home button may be accessed by tapping the AssistiveTouch button and home button. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.

11 - Why isn’t my home screen button working?

When the virtual keys on your Android phone become infected by a common software infection, restarting your device shows to be a wise move. You need to reboot your smartphone by holding down the Power Button for a lengthy period. If you’re lucky, you’ll discover that the home key is fully operational as soon as your phone is restarted.

12 - How can I use my phone as a remote for my Samsung TV?

SmartThings allows you to control your television or projector. Open the SmartThings app on your phone and select the menu from the drop-down menu. Select your TV/projector from the All devices drop-down menu. In the app, the remote control will display on the screen. The settings accessible on the remote will differ based on the device being controlled.

13 - How do I open my Samsung Smart TV remote?

Flip the remote over and slide the rear cover down in the direction indicated by the indications to access the Samsung Smart TV Remote. It is possible to disclose a small space on the front of the remote by sliding the rear toward the indicators.

14 - Why is my TV not responding to the remote?

Low batteries are the most common cause of a remote that won’t work or control your TV. Check to see that the remote control is pointed at the TV. There may also be other devices, lights, or something obscuring the TV remote sensor interfering with the signal.

15 - How do I reset my Samsung remote control?

Removing the batteries from your Samsung remote and unplugging your TV should fix any problems you’re having with it. Reset the remote by removing the batteries and pressing Power for 8 seconds. Put in new batteries and see if that helps.

Conclusion

The inability of the Samsung TV’s home button to function is a severe problem. However, by replacing the remote batteries, this problem may be resolved quickly and easily. If the batteries are brand new, turn the TV on and off. This avoids the appearance of general flaws or defects on television.

A similar procedure should be followed to update your smart TV firmware. The functionality of the remote will be enhanced as a result. For example, changing the television’s firmware also updates the discs on the television. If the smart TV is up to date, you can attempt resetting the TV to its default settings. This strategy will probably result in the Samsung TV home button not functioning and being resolved.

Related Articles

Where is the Samsung TV’s home button? To go to the home menu, you have to press the power button. If not, try your remote’s Home or Smart Hub button (different models use different buttons).

Where Is The Home Button On My Samsung Remote Control?

On a Samsung Smart TV, what does it mean to press the “Home” button?

When using Samsung Smart Control, just press the Home Button to bring up the Home Screen. 2 Navigate to and choose Settings on your remote using the Directional pad. You’ve now got three options on the TV screen.

On a Samsung Smart TV, how do you go to the settings? Navigate to the Preferences window. The Settings menu is where you’ll find all of your TV’s settings, including image mode, screen size, and sound choices.

Make sure that the TV or remote control’s power button is located. The power button on most Samsung televisions can be found on the front of the set, right below the screen, in the middle of the unit. The button is normally located on the remote control in the upper right or upper left area.

Summary:

On your TV’s home screen, click on the directional pad to travel to and then pick Setup. Select the appropriate option from this page. Another common question concerns the Samsung Smart TV’s lack of control buttons.

What is Samsung’s Smart Hub?

To unlock the new world of cutting-edge capabilities available on Samsung Smart TVs, go no further than the SMART HUB. In addition to finding movies and TV shows, you can also research the web and discover new Samsung applications.

To access the Samsung Home screen, just press the Smart Hub button on your Smart Control remote. The Settings icon is located at the bottom of the page (gear to the right). Support is accessible by using the arrows on the left side of the screen.

On my Samsung Smart TV, how can I install additional applications?

• How to Find and Install Samsung TV Apps
  • Learn your way around the home screen. This is where you’ll find all of your applications, menus, and more.
  • Look for applications to download. To locate new apps, go to the app’s icon on the left.
  • Go ahead and pick a program.
  • The app is now available for download.
  • Activate your account.
  • Download it from the app store.
  • Apps may be rearranged in the menu bar.

How can I add an app to my Samsung Smart TV remote control?

• Use the Smart Hub button on your remote to access the Smart Hub.
  • Make a choice.
  • Select the magnifying glass icon to find the program you wish to install.
  • Type the application’s name in the App Name field. Afterward, click the Done option.
  • Choose the Download option.
  • To begin using your new app, click Open when the download is complete.

How we can change on-screen Home Button on Samsung?

What is the best way to control my TV with my phone?

• You can control your Android TV using your smartphone.
  • Open the Google TV app on your Android device.
  • The Remote button is located at the bottom right of the screen.
  • Swipe up to see Scanning for devices.
  • Decide on your gadget.
  • Follow the steps on your phone and TV to complete the pairing process.
  • Your phone or remote can be used once the two devices have been connected.

What happened to my TV remote control?

Look above and below the television’s surrounding furnishings. Your best bet is the couch and coffee table. You may want to think about the other rooms you frequent when watching TVs, such as the kitchen and bathroom.

Exactly how do I get my phone to work with my smart TV?

Following these simple steps, you may set up screen sharing between the two devices:

Without a remote, how do I reset my Samsung TV?

There are controls on some Samsung TVs that are concealed under the right-bottom-rear of the TV. Yes, if they are. Use these. I’ve heard that unplugging it and holding down the power button for 30 seconds to 12 hours would reset it, but I’m not sure whether it will work.

Samsung Smart TV’s menu button is where?

Your remote control’s Menu button should be pressed first. You’ll be presented with two menus on your TV. To begin, utilize the Home button on your Remote. 2 From the Home screen, choose the Settings menu.

In the absence of a remote, how can I reset my Samsung TV?

Some Samsung TVs include controls that are hidden under the right-bottom-rear of the television. Yes, if that’s what it is. Make use of them. Resetting it by disconnecting and pressing the power button for 30 seconds to 12 hours has been suggested, however, I’m not sure if it would work.

On my Samsung Smart TV, how can I access the menus?

To begin, push the Menu button on your remote control. Two menus will be shown on your television. Using the Remote’s Home button is the first step in this process. 2 From the Home screen, choose the Settings menu.

How do I find the buttons on my Samsung curved television?

The lower right or left side of the TV’s back usually has a joystick-style control on recent Samsung TVs. Using the joystick to activate the TV and then pushing it again to access the menu lets you move around the menu and pick different options (including power off).

Without a remote, how do I reset my television?

Some televisions’ locks may be reset or removed without the use of a remote control if you follow a few simple steps. For five seconds, hold down the power button. The television will resume itself. if the lock is still on, disconnect the TV and remove the battery from the back panel.

On a Samsung Smart TV, how do you go to the home screen?

The TV’s Home screen menu may be accessed by pressing the Home button. Use the directional pad on the remote to go to and open the app if it is listed in the Home menu.

How can I get a home button on my Samsung touch screen?

The Assistive Touch option may be found in the section INTERACTION under the heading ACCESSIBILITY. You must enable the Assistive Touch option. Once this is done, you will see a white circle with a grey box on the screen. To enlarge it, simply tap on the circle in the center.

How do you fix a home button that is too sensitive?

Go to Settings > General > Home Button and choose a click on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Change the sensitivity of 3D Touch. Set the 3D Touch sensitivity to Light, Medium, or Firm under Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch.

What does the Android phone’s “Home” button do?

The bottom of every Android phone has the same set of buttons.

• You will discover:
  • Returns you to the main screen of your phone’s home screen.
  • In an app or browser, a “back” button takes you to return to the previous page or level.

Five Steps for buying a Samsung or Smart TV:

A Variety of Material:

With a Smart TV, you may access material that isn’t available on your local cable or satellite provider. A Smart TV has all of your favorite video-on-demand (VOD) services, such as Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, and Spotify, as well as music streaming services like Spotify, to choose from. Even paid cable and satellite television may be viewed on a Smart TV if you download the app provided by the cable or satellite broadcasting firm.

In-Depth Investigation:

No matter how much information there is, the most essential thing is to locate it straight away. As there is so much stuff available online, choosing what to watch may be a challenge. A good search tool is essential for this reason.

Content to Consider:

Consider also whether a Smart TV offers suggestions for stuff you’ll enjoy even before you begin searching. Surely it would be good if a television utilized your viewing and search tendencies to locate just the perfect material or notify you when a new season of the shows you enjoy has begun? The ideal Smart TV will be able to analyze your watching habits and give services tailored to your preferences.

Sensory Operation:

HDMI-enabled devices should be recognized by the Smart TV and the necessity of multiple remote controllers eliminated. Time to put the remote control away and stop scrambling. You should be able to pause and resume live-streaming material from your set-top box using only the TV remote control, if not more.

Voice recognition is another function that is rising in popularity. It’s more convenient than typing or utilizing motion sensors to operate your Smart TV. In the course of a search for material or information, it is useful.

Connectivity is a breeze:

Another crucial Considerationconsideration when shopping for a new Smart TV is whether or not it can readily connect to other devices. You’ll want to try viewing the stuff on a larger screen by connecting your smartphone to your TV. When you see your phone’s photos and movies on a widescreen, they feel completely different.

As the Internet of Things (IoT) grows in popularity, it is becoming increasingly important to have gadgets in the house that can easily connect to the internet. While driving home from work, you may easily continue viewing a movie on your phone to your television when you reach home.

What is Samsung TV Plus, exactly?

Streaming service Samsung TV Plus has more than 100 channels of entertainment available in the United States. Customers of Samsung’s smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets may now access content for free. As a movie rental service for Samsung TVs in the United States, it was originally released in 2015. Later on, it shifted to the current ad-supported streaming video service model as its revenue model.

In the top five most popular applications for Samsung smart TVs, Samsung TV Plus is included.

SVP Sang Kim of Samsung Electronics disclosed in an article published by Protocol in September 2020 that Samsung TV Plus was one of the top two most popular free streaming apps on the company’s smart TVs. It’s already available, having been released in 2020 for Samsung mobile devices and on the web in 2021.

What are the locations where it may be found?

Samsung TV Plus is presently available in 27 countries, including Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, and the United States.

At present, the online version is only available in the United States. It’s also worth noting that the number of channels available on the service varies by country.

Samsung TV Plus features a wide variety of channels:

The number of channels available on your Samsung TV Plus app may vary based on where you reside, as previously noted. We’ll stick to the United States for this post, where there are far over 100 channels to peruse and stream.

They include, among others, the following:

• Binge-watch the campy lifeguard thriller Baywatch on CBS News’ 24/7 Livestream.
  • Mystery Science Theater 3000 is one of the shows shown on Shout Factory TV.
  • On this 24-hour channel, you can see professional wrestlers go toe-to-toe.
  • Court TV - Live Stream – Enter the courtroom and see the events firsthand.
  • Good Eats - Taking culinary lessons from some of the world’s most renowned chefs."

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S):

These are the some questions Frequently asked by the people.

1. Where is Samsung’s remote’s home button?

The Samsung Home button is missing. The home button is the biggest button on the phone. Your home screen’s footer contains this information.

2. How can I return to my home button?

It’s in the center of your navigation bar. The panel, which also contains the Back and Recent keys, takes up some of your screen real estate, which may be a pain.

3.My home button has vanished.

To get the button back, follow these instructions. Open Chrome and select “Settings” from the menu. You can also use the Omnibox to get directly to Chrome’s settings by typing chrome:/settings/. Tap Appearance, then “Show Home Button” to turn it on.

4. Samsung’s Smart Hub is what?

Samsung’s Smart TVs come equipped with Smart Hub, which is a sophisticated menu system. Using the Smart hub, you can use all of your TV’s features, as well as access the internet, applications, and other content. You may use Smart Hub both online and offline to enhance the functionality of your TV.

5. What is the location of the Home key on a computer keyboard?

The Home keys are marked in blue on this computer keyboard. There are two of these, one on each side of the numeric keypad.

6. What happened to the laptop’s home button?

Laptop and desktop keyboards each include a Home key. In the same way that the End key has the opposite effect, this key does the same. The Fn + key combination can be used in smaller keyboards without a Home key to achieving the same result.

7. What are the four buttons on my remote that are different colors?

You can find them in applications and menus for specialized purposes. If you’re using a browser, you’ll see a color-coded list of buttons and a description of what each one does at the bottom of your screen.

8 - Can any Samsung remote work on any Samsung TV?

Your supplied remote is not compatible with other Samsung remotes or other Samsung TV models. Your Samsung TV remote is programmed to operate with your unique model number.

9 - Can I control my Samsung Smart TV with my phone?

Tap Menu in the SmartThings app on your phone. Tap All Devices, then TV/projector. The software has an on-screen remote. The remote’s options differ by device.

10 - What are the Samsung remote’s four coloured buttons?

Double-clicking this button displays A, B, C, and D coloured buttons that can be used for various applications. In my app, yellow is used to Favorite a movie or TV show, and blue is used to search the list.

Conclusion:

With a Smart TV, you may access material that isn’t available on your local cable or satellite provider. A Smart TV has all of your favorite video-on-demand (VOD) services, such as Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, and Spotify, as well as music streaming services like Spotify, to choose from. To go to the home menu, you have to press the power button. If not, try your remote’s Home or Smart Hub button (different models use different buttons). It’s in the center of your navigation bar. The panel, which also contains the Back and Recent keys, takes up some of your screen real estate, which may be a pain.

Related Articles: