Letgo is a mobile classifieds application that allows users to buy from and sell to others locally. You can use Letgo to bargain shop or to finally let go of things collecting dust around your house.
Similar to other classifieds applications like Wallapop or Craigslist, sellers will post an item and wait for a buyer to contact them. Once a contact has been made, the seller can then haggle, offer a return policy, or sell “as is,” and setup a meeting place to exchange the item for cash.
For your safety, it is recommended you only use cash or money order for these types of transactions and always meet in a public place to make the exchange. Never send a check or money order through the mail to prepay for an item and inspect the product before handing over your hard-earned money.
How to download letgo to your mobile device
Letgo is a free mobile application that is available on iOS and Android. Downloading letgo is simple. Follow these easy steps to get started:
Apple iOS letgo app
- Launch the App Store from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch Home screen.
- Perform a search for letgo or follow the App Store link from your iOS device.
- Tap Get to download and install the application.
Android letgo app
- Launch the Google Play Store from your smartphone or tablet Home screen or app drawer.
- Perform a search for letgo or follow the Google Play link.
- Tap Install to download and install the application.
- Agree to app permissions to finalize the install (Location services and Camera).
Even though the application is free, you may need to enter your credentials or scan your fingerprint to continue.
Unfortunately, letgo is not compatible with Windows Phone and no indication of development for Windows Phone has been made. If you use Windows Phone, sadly, you may have a long wait before letgo becomes available.
How to use letgo
Letgo is easy to use. You must sign up before you can post or purchase. Simply launch the app and tap on the signup button to create an account. Here, you can tap a link to sign in through your Facebook account or enter information into the provided fields to continue. After you are logged in, you will be presented with the letgo home screen.
On the top of the home screen is a search bar. This allows you to perform item-specific searches that you can narrow down by category. The navigation bar along the bottom of the screen provides you with a way to move around the application with ease. The navigation bar displays five icons, listed as follows:
- Home : The Home icon shows you the main screen of the application. Here, you can view popular items, perform searches, and set application settings, such as camera and location permissions.
- Categories : The Categories icon is where you can shop by more generalized categories. For instance, Electronics, Garden, Household, Auto, and Office are some of the groups you will see when you tap this icon.
- Camera : The Camera icon allows you to snap photos and add descriptions to items you wish to sell. This icon is where you will set prices and select categories.
- Chat: Tap the Chat icon to see where all your contact with buyers and sellers will take place. This is where you can haggle prices, offer trades, and confirm sales.
- Profile : The Profile icon shows your profile settings, a summary of your active posts, and favorite products.
When you open a post, you are presented with the image snapped by the seller, some brief information about the product, and a price. Just below the product description are two buttons. You can tap Ask a Question to inquire about the product or Make an Offer to immediately try to buy the product.
If you do not own a smartphone or tablet, you are in luck. Letgo is available online through a traditional web browser. While the navigation bar has moved to the top of the screen, the functionality is basically the same as in the mobile application.
Visit the letgo.com website if you need to sell your used stuff fast. Who knows? Maybe you will find a great bargain while you’re there. Download the app to use letgo on your mobile device.
Don’t shop and drive. Always buy responsibly!