What Is Hale's Problem As Proctor Presents Evidence To Danforth

What Is Hale’s Problem As Proctor Presents Evidence To Danforth

What is Hales’ problem?

He is really scared for the life of him.

What’s Hales’ problem with Proctor and his friends bringing evidence to Danforth?

He is beginning to realize that the people who have been tried and sentenced so far are very innocent. Parris says Proctor is trying to overthrow the court.

What’s Hales’ problem in this regard as Proctor and his friends?

Question of the third act of the trial

Question Answer
What's Hales' problem with Proctor and his friends bringing evidence to Danforth? He is beginning to realize that the people who have been tried and sentenced so far are very innocent.
### Why should Giles and Francis also talk to Danforth? They are trying to convince the judge that their wives are good women, not witches. people were wizards or they didn't come. If you defy the court, you would be despicable. ### What is Danforth's reason why forgiveness is not a good idea? Explain Danforth's reason why forgiveness is not a good idea. The hanged would have died in vain, instead of admitting that the court might have been wrong and that the others had been hanged unfairly, it was better to hang people so that all defendants would receive equal treatment. ### What is Hale doing at the end of Act 3? In Act III, Pastor Hale acts as an intermediary between the residents whose wives have been accused of witchcraft and the court. Hale eventually pulled himself out of the case and tried the court after John Proctor and Giles Corey were jailed.

What quote did Proctor use for Mary?

What quote did Proctor use to help Mary be brave?

Do what is right and no harm will be done to you. Ironically, Proctor later does what he deems right and is hanged anyway.

What are girls doing with Mary?

What are the girls doing with Mary?

What is her response?

They claim that her spirit comes from them, that she does something magical herself. Mary asks them to stop, but if they don’t, she stops separating and joins them (for her own protection).

Who is telling the truth in Act 3 of the Crucible?

Proctor, who hid his relationship with Abigail for seven months, is now telling the truth but is not a believer.

What happens to Proctor at the end of Act 3?

In Act III of The Crucible, John Proctor loses control of his ability to please people and stops meddling in Salem’s hysteria by refusing to lie about his relationship with Abigail Williams. In Act III, Proctor must testify in defense of his wife, who accuses Abigail of witchcraft.

What accusation is Giles making?

What are the girls doing against Mary Act 3?

In Act III, when Mary Warren is called by Proctor to testify against Abigail and the other girls, they rush to attack Mary and defend their position. Under pressure, Abigail receives a visit from another ghost she believes is Mary Warren, to which she and all the girls are reacting.

What is Cheever’s explanation for Parris?

What is Cheever’s explanation for Parris’ insane appearance?

He thinks it’s the cows. Who says you can’t infect this guy. There is a danger for me.

Is Hale still a friend of the court?

In my opinion, John Hale is the DA’s enemy at first. However, at the end of the piece, he is a friend. Hale thinks the court is broken and he wants to save John Proctor’s life.

How is Gilles?

It appears that Giles refuses to surrender and is later incarcerated, where he is incarcerated with other defendants. Giles refused to answer the charges against him and was pressed to death. The prosecution placed huge stones on his chest until his death. His last words would be: More weight!

What is the main reason Hale returned to Salem?

What was Giles Corey’s last word?

In this story, Giles Corey’s last words are more important. It makes sense because he was killed. He is killed by being pushed to death. They piled stones on his body until he could no longer breathe and he suffocated.

How can I live without my name, I gave you my soul, give me my name?

Because I’m not worth the dust at the feet of the hanged! How can I live without my name?

I gave you my soul, give me my name! (Proctor, Act 4, p. 133).

What does Elizabeth confess to her husband?

What does Elisabeth confess to her husband?

he feels unworthy to die as saintly as Rebecca if he doesn’t sign. they want to live, but not at the expense of lying.

What’s John’s excuse for going to confession?

What’s John’s excuse for going to confession?

He’s already ruined his name, he won’t judge his already dark soul by telling another lie, he’s not a good man and that lie doesn’t make things worse.

Why does Danforth refuse to expose the hinges?

What happened to Giles Corey?

Giles Corey is a comedy character based on a real man named Giles Corey. Giles refused to give up and was later thrown into prison. Eventually he will be executed. Prosecutors placed huge stones on his chest until his death, and his last words seemed to be heavier.

How is Andover different from Salem?

What Is Hale's Problem As Proctor Presents Evidence To Danforth