Programming a personal identification number for the Wayne Dalton keyboard is so simple it can be done in a snap.
- Press the programming button on the main unit of the Wayne Dalton garage door opener, the LED on the unit lights up.
- Press the power / reset button on the electronic keypad.
- Briefly press the programming button on the garage door motor and the red light will start flashing for 30 seconds.
- Press the On / Off / Reset button on the keyboard and wait for the LED on the keyboard to turn on.
- Choose a four-digit code for the opener and enter the code using the keypad.
- Look for a small black button behind the lens light on the opener's main receiver near the antenna.
- Point the opening remote control at the main receiver (60 cm or more) and press the learn code button three times.
- Press the button on the remote once to test the new code.
Press the PROGRAM button on the head of the garage door unit once. The PROGRAM STATUS light on the main motor unit will come on and stay on for one minute to indicate it is ready to learn the code from the transmitter. Press the button on the transmitter.
This universal remote works with a range of garage door openers from Genie, Linear, Multicode, Liftmaster / Chamberlain, Stanley, WayneDalton and MooreOMatic. You can program one button to work with Genie while the other works with a Liftmaster system.
Press the PROGRAM button on the top of the garage door system once. The PROGRAM STATUS light on the main motor unit will come on and stay on for one minute to indicate it is ready to learn the code from the transmitter. Press the button on the transmitter.
Programming the My Wayne Dalton Garage Door Keypad Press the programming button on the main device of the Wayne Dalton garage door opener, the LED on the device will turn on. Press the power / reset button on the electronic keypad. Enter the four-digit personal identification number of your choice using the numeric keys of the electronic keypad.
Most LiftMaster and Chamberlain garage door openers have the product model number on a label or sticker on the outside of the product. The actual appearance of the garage door opener may differ from the illustration above. The label can be applied in the following places: Under the front lens.
Press the PROGRAM switch on the garage door once. The red PROGRAM STATUS light on the main motor unit and the courtesy light will illuminate for one minute, indicating that the transmitter is ready to be learned.
How to calibrate a garage door Find the emergency release cable for garage doors. This release cable is red and locks onto the ceiling bracket. Go to the garage door and find the interior door handle. Hold this handle and use it to lower the garage door. Return to the emergency release cable. Press the button on the garage door opener.
In most cases, attempting to program a HomeLink garage door opener without a remote control will not work if the car door is open or the key is inserted. So first make sure the door is closed and the key is removed.
Resetting a LiftMaster garage door Press the teach button on the drive motor and release it again. During the 30 seconds, press and hold the learn button on the handheld remote you wish to use to operate the garage door. Release the button on the remote control when the engine unit light starts flashing.