Water Heater Hissing And Leaking

Does the water heater make you laugh?

I have a 10 year old 50 gallon natural gas water heater. The plumber rinsed it off to remove any residue. Whistle when cold water supply is open. He is not going anywhere. Noise can also be heard in the upstairs hall bathroom behind the spirits wall. There is no hosing from other taps / switches in use.

We cut off the water supply and checked that the hydrometer did not work, the plumber said there was no leakage from the cold plate.

In my opinion PSI is 90. Any idea what is the cause of this problem?

update

Thanks for the Chef Grill info. However, the hustle was permanent. It works 24 hours a day. I know the tank makes a sound when the water gets hot, but the sound is like air escaping from the top of the tank.

Also, there is no sound from the bathroom wall / gutter when the tank is being emptied. Her voice could be heard across the bathroom. The bathroom measures 8x6. The sound never stopped, it felt like water was flowing from the walls. The faucet or stems may need to be replaced, but the faucet is not flowing.

Thanks everyone for the answers, the problem was diagnosed, it was a water pipe. The plumber turned off the water, all the noise stopped after 34 minutes.

The line will be repaired next week.

When cleaning the sediment, there is a slight leak. This does not mean that it does not leak. 10 years of water heater life is approaching and you should consider replacing it. You do not want to be frustrated if you cannot get the right pitch so invest in a good capo. In addition, the new water heater is much more efficient than the old water heater and pays off in terms of energy savings.

Hot water heater

This page can help you.

Come back:

The kettle blew the whistle.

I have a 50 gallon natural gas water heater that is 10 years old. The plumber rinsed it off to remove any residue. Whistle when cold water supply is open. He is not going anywhere. Behind the wall of encouragement, noise can also be heard in the bathroom of the upstairs hall ...

My husband works in a plumbing company, so the answer is yes. This is normal. If you run out of water, the cold water supply must be drained to the T element, there will be laughter. Like a pot on the stove and you sprinkle cold water on it, it will snow. It is said that normal PSI is 80, but 90 is not bad. You agree, it's just that the water is gone and it's full of elements and the sound is flowing through the pipes.

This can be a pressure relief valve. But I think when my heat demands heat, my kettle raises its voice. Water heating elements are normal

I can't answer that question, but I know that 90p is very much in most of the equipment used. Do you read on the outside tap? In this case, consider reducing the pressure during use. I don't know if it's the cause of the wheezing. Um, of course, yes, I know this, why it's something known in advance.

Your tank should have a pressure and temperature relief valve with a drain. Can you tell if water flows from the tank to the drain as a result? Detection should not be difficult, if it is plain water, could it be a leakage check valve? Remember that noise can travel long distances in pipes.

He called the plumber and asked if there was another problem or something else. If you don't trust this plumber, I'll ask someone else. The people I have mentioned below have a very good relationship with me, maybe they can answer your question.

Hi, this is my first time. I looked at this question and found the answer very helpful. I'm getting lost, swinging back and so on.

Does the water heater make the sound of hissing?

I have a 10 year old 50 gallon natural gas water heater. The plumber washed it to remove any residue. Now ■■■■ the whistle when the cold water supply opens. He is not going anywhere. The noise can also be heard in the bathroom of the upstairs hall behind the wall. No hashing from other taps / switches in use.

We turned off the water supply and checked that the hydrometer did not work, the plumber said there was no cold plate leak.

PSI is 90, very high in my opinion. Any idea what is the cause of this problem?

update

Chef Girl Thanks for the info. However, the wheezing was constant. It works 24 hours a day. I know the tank makes a sound when the water is hot, but the sound is like the air coming out of the top of the tank.

There is no noise from the wall / toilet tank drain either. Her voice could be heard across the bathroom. The bathroom measures 8x6. The sound never stopped, it felt like water was flowing through the walls. The faucet or trunk may need to be replaced, but the faucet is not leaking.

Thanks everyone for the answers, the problem was diagnosed, it was a water pipe. The plumber turned off the water, and after 34 minutes all the noise stopped.

The line will be fixed next week.

Minor leaks can be found while cleaning the sediment. If it gets cold, the water is boiling and you can't see the leak. This does not mean that it does not leak. 10 years of water heater life is approaching and you should consider replacing it. You don't want to face a leak. Also, a new water heater is much more efficient than a 10 year old water heater and pays off in terms of energy savings.