Definition of Voucher:
Written instrument that serves to confirm or witness (vouch) for some fact such as a transaction. Commonly, a voucher is a document that shows goods have bought or services have been rendered, authorizes payment, and indicates the ledger account(s) in which these transactions have to be recorded.
The voucher is important because it's an internal accounting control mechanism that ensures that every payment is properly authorized and that the goods or services purchased are actually received.
A voucher is a document used by a company’s accounts payable department to gather and file all of the supporting documents needed to approve the payment of a liability. A voucher is essentially the backup documents for accounts payable. Accounts payable are the short-term bills owed by companies to vendors and suppliers.
A small printed piece of paper that entitles the holder to a discount, or that may be exchanged for goods or services.
Synonyms of Voucher
CD, IOU, MO, Acceptance, Acceptance bill, Acknowledgment, Acquittance, Advocacy, Advocating, Advocation, Affidavit, Attestant, Attestation, Attestator, Attester, Authority, Authorization, Bank acceptance, Bank check, Bill, Bill of draft, Bill of exchange, Bill of health, Blank check, Bystander, Canceled check, Certificate, Certificate of character, Certificate of deposit, Certificate of proficiency, Certification, Certified check, Character, Character reference, Check, Checkbook, Cheque, Cojuror, Commercial paper, Compurgator, Credential, Debenture, Demand bill, Demand draft, Deponent, Deposition, Diploma, Discharge, Draft, Due bill, Earwitness, Exchequer bill, Eyewitness, Informant, Informer, Letter of credit, Letter of introduction, Money order, Navicert, Negotiable instrument, Notarized statement, Note, Note of hand, Paper, Passerby, Patronage, Postal order, Promissory note, Quittance, Receipt, Receipt in full, Recommend, Recommendation, Reference, Release, Sheepskin, Sight bill, Sight draft, Spectator, Swearer, Sworn statement, Testamur, Testifier, Testimonial, Ticket, Time bill, Time draft, Trade acceptance, Treasury bill, Visa, Vise, Warrant, Warranty, Witness, Coupon, Token, Ticket, Document, Certificate, Licence, Permit, Carnet, Pass, Paper, Card, Form, Deed
How to use Voucher in a sentence?
- A voucher is essentially the backup documents for accounts payable, which are bills owed by companies to vendors and suppliers.
- The man that performed the work on the building was given a voucher to bring to the finance department so that he could receive a check for payment.
- Documents in a voucher can include the supplier's invoice, amount owed, due date, general ledger accounts, and shipping receipts.
- A voucher is a document used by a company’s accounts payable department containing the supporting documents for an invoice.
- I had a special voucher I had received with the airline lost my luggage on my business class flight from London.
- All of the amounts of outstanding vouchers owed are totaled, and the one lump sum is recorded as accounts payable on the balance sheet.
- Be sure to keep your voucher s for office supply reimbursement, and let it be understood that you wont receive a dime of recompense without them.
Meaning of Voucher & Voucher Definition