Definition of Volatility:
Economics: Rate of change in price over a given period. Expressed often as a percentage, it is computed as the annualized standard deviation of the percentage change in the daily price.
Liability to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse.
Chemistry: Rate at which a chemical will evaporate. Volatility increases with temperature and decreases with pressure. Latin for, to fly away.
Securities trading: Size and frequency of rapid changes in the price of a security. If the causes of volatility are peculiar to security, it is measured by alpha; if the causes are related to the securities market as a whole, it is measured by beta.
Tendency of a substance to evaporate at normal temperatures.
Synonyms of Volatility
Airiness, Animation, Ascent, Brainlessness, Bubbliness, Buoyancy, Caducity, Changeability, Changeableness, Coquettishness, Corruptibility, Daintiness, Death, Delicacy, Downiness, Empty-headedness, Ephemerality, Ephemeralness, Ethereality, Evanescence, Evaporability, Faddishness, Faddism, Fickleness, Finitude, Fleetingness, Flightiness, Flippancy, Floatability, Fluffiness, Foaminess, Foolishness, Frivolity, Frivolousness, Frothiness, Fugacity, Gentleness, Giddiness, Gossameriness, Impermanence, Impermanency, Inconstancy, Instability, Lack of depth, Lack of weight, Levitation, Levity, Lightness, Mercuriality, Mercurialness, Momentariness, Mortality, Mutability, Perishability, Shallow-wittedness, Shallowness, Skittishness, Softness, Sprightliness, Superficiality, Tenderness, Thinness, Thoughtlessness, Transience, Transiency, Transientness, Transitoriness, Undependability, Unheaviness, Unpredictability, Unprofoundness, Unprofundity, Unreliability, Vaporability, Vaporizability, Variability, Weightlessness, Witlessness, Yeastiness
How to use Volatility in a sentence?
- The volatility of chemicals in an indoor environment.
- You must measure the volatility of the models beauty, because beauty does not last forever and fades away like the setting sun.
- Sometimes you just have to take a business route that has high volatility because the potential profits are so high.
- The succession of new rulers contributed to the volatility of the situation.
- Some stocks have a very high volatility and can be quite risky but they also can be the quickest way to get rich.
Meaning of Volatility & Volatility Definition