Vested interest

Vested interest,

Definition of Vested interest:

1. Right of ownership, possession, and use of a tangible or intangible property that is immediate (or is certain to come about) and which (unlike a contingent interest) is not dependent on something that may or may not happen. Not to be confused with vested in interest. See also absolute interest.

2. A vested interest generally refers to a personal stake or involvement in a project, investment, or outcome. In finance, a vested interest is the lawful right of an individual or entity to gain access to tangible or intangible property such as money, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities at some point in the future. There is usually a vesting period or time span before the claimant may gain access to the asset or property.

3. The term vested interest can mean many different things depending on the context. A vested interest exists for individuals who have a claim or a right to ownership of a piece of property without any reliance on anything else, even if the person doesn't possess the asset right away. So an interest becomes vested if the asset's title or right can be transferred in the present or the future to another party. This means a person or other entity can have a vested interest in a tangible or intangible asset if there are no conditions to its ownership.

4. Personal stake, or expectation of personal gain, that underlies a strong commitment to maintain or influence an action.

5. A personal stake or involvement in an undertaking or state of affairs, especially one with an expectation of financial gain.

Synonyms of Vested interest

Black Power, Italian vote, Jewish vote, Polish Power, White Power, Absolute interest, Appurtenance, Authority, Benefit, Birthright, Black vote, Claim, Common, Conjugal right, Contingent interest, Demand, Divine right, Droit, Due, Easement, Equitable interest, Equity, Estate, Faculty, Farm interests, Financial interests, Holding, Inalienable right, Interest, Interest group, Labor interests, Limitation, Natural right, Part, Percentage, Power, Prerogative, Prescription, Pressure group, Presumptive right, Pretense, Pretension, Proper claim, Property right, Right, Right of entry, Settlement, Special interests, Special-interest group, Stake, Strict settlement, Title, Trust, Use, Vested interests, Vested right

How to use Vested interest in a sentence?

1. Banks have a vested interest in the growth of their customers.
  2. I have a vested interest in the local high school I donate money to as my child is a student there and I want the funds to go towards helping her get a good education.
  3. The individual had a vested interest in seeing the business partner succeed so we were prepared for a biased interview.
  4. I had a vested interest in the team and wanted them to do well in the playoffs and win the championship.
  5. In financial parlance, a vested interest often refers to the ability to rightfully claim assets that have been contributed or set aside for later use.
  6. A vested interest refers to an individual's own stake in an investment or project, especially where a financial gain or loss is possible.
  7. Vested interest is common for retirement plans like a 401(k), but the employee can only claim matched funds after a minimum vesting period.

Meaning of Vested interest & Vested interest Definition