| Transfer data to Splunk Enterprise
- Configure receiving on a Splunk Enterprise instance or cluster.
- Download and install the universal redirector.
- Launch the universal redirector and accept the license agreement.
- (Optional) Change the default universal redirector credential settings.
Install the Splunk Universal Forwarder
- Download the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
- Double-click the MSI file to start the installation.
- Click View License Agreement.
- Activate this option to accept the license agreement.
- Click Customize Options to change the default installation settings.
Install a Windows Universal Forward from an installer
- Check if you want to transfer data to Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud.
- Select the Windows user as the universal redirector.
- Configure your Windows environment for remote data collection.
- Have Splunk admin credentials handy.
Here are the steps to configure a Splunk redirector installed on Linux to send data to the Splunk indexer: In the / opt / splunkforwarder / bin directory, run sudo./splunk Run the bootstart command to run Splunk to enable autostart: to specify the indexer to which the redirector will send the data.
Splunk Universal Redirector is a special free version of Splunk Enterprise that contains only the key components needed to transfer data. TechSelect uses Universal Redirector to collect data from various inputs and transfer data from your computer to the Splunk indexer. The data is then available for research.
Universal Forwarder collects data from a data source or other forwarder and sends it to a forwarding or splunk distribution. With a universal redirector, you can send data to Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Light, or Splunk Cloud. It also replaces the Splunk Enterprise light transmitter.
A universal forwarder does not have the ability to parse data with metadata marking events. A heavy forwarder is a full Splunk instance with all the features of Splunk Enterprise. You can use a heavy forwarder to send data (like a universal forwarder) and also analyze and index the data at the same time.
Splunk Universal Forwarder contains a management service that listens on TCP port 8089 and is used to manage the forwarder. By default, it accepts remote connections, but does not allow remote connections with the default credentials (admin / changeme).
Splunk is a software technology for monitoring, searching, analyzing and visualizing machine-generated data in real time. It can examine and read various types of log files and store data as events in indexes. You can use this tool to view data in different types of dashboards.
Name. A type of transfer, a Splunk Enterprise instance, that sends data to another Splunk Enterprise instance or to a third-party system. A large transfer takes up less space than a Splunk Enterprise indexer, but retains most of the functionality of an indexer.
A distribution server is an instance of Splunk Enterprise that acts as a central configuration manager for a number of other instances called distribution clients. Distribution customers can be universal vectors, heavy vectors, indexers, or search headers. Each deployment client belongs to one or more server classes.
Splunk Enterprise converts incoming data into events, which it stores in indexes. An indexer is a Splunk Enterprise instance that indexes data. In small deployments, a single instance can also perform other Splunk Enterprise functions, such as: B. Data entry and search management.
Splunk Web is the Splunk Enterprise user interface, accessible through a web browser. Start Splunk Enterprise on Windows
You can create the redirector command line list to see if the redirector is running on the redirector. If it is inactive it usually means that you have not enabled the receiver to receive the transmitted data. You can also try an index search to see if any data has arrived from the redirector.
Activate your Splunk Enterprise instance as a forwarder. Configuring a Large Upload with Splunk Web
Move Linux logs to splunk step by step:
Determine which version of Splunk Enterprise you are using
- Log in as splunk: I sweat on splunk
- Check the current directory after login: pwd # should be: / opt / splunk, in this case continue.
- Start the daemon: bin / splunk start # You will be asked to accept the license => ok if you want to start the daemon.
- Waiting for the next message: