United States Medical Licensing Examination Scores – Must Read!

USMLE is an unavoidable difficulty that comes in three different parts. The 2nd year of MBBS is more than just another year of basic medical sciences. Step 1 seems to be a rigorous exam and students need to nail it most probably during their second year.

This is what puts a lot of students under stress typically those who have experienced academic setbacks and challenges. Believe in me, you can still shine!

Made through your first year? If yes, now is the best time to start studying for USMLE Step 1. The earlier you make up your mind for the exam, the more time you can have for exam preparation.

The United States Medical Licensing Exam Scores

It’s true that USMLE is one of the most important factors for shortlisting candidates for US residency interviews. It’s quite often to hear students say how can I get a united stated medical licensing examination score that will place me in the best residency position.

Don’t worry! We’ll help you with this. However, this scoring trend is about to change as announced by the medical licensing bodies - FSMB and NBME – on February 12, 2020.

There is a change in policy regarding the step 1 score which will be effective from January 2022. It’s said that in the coming year step 1 result would no more be reported as a numerical score. Rather, it would just be a pass/fail exam.

However, anyone who takes the exam before Jan 2022 will continue to see a three-digit score on all his USMLE transcripts.

The program committee has never disclosed how the USMLE score is calculated. Theoretically speaking, the USMLE Step 1 score lies in the range of 0-300. On average the attendees lie in the 140-260 range.

What’s the passing score?

• 194 is the passing score
  • A 245+ sounds great. This score can definitely set you apart.

How To Get a Good Score In USMLE Step 1?

USMLE test preparation courses aren’t scarce. Apart from the medical school knowledge, if you’re able to complement your study schedule with reliable study material, you can make the most out of the exam.

Based on my personal USMLE experience, I can say that Dr. Najeeb’s lectures are outstanding. I just utilized his resource and I must say his resource helped me achieve success. FirstAid, PAthoma, Kaplan – are some other good resources. Pick any course and see what it is offering. If you find real value in any online course, go for it. If you do want to research, you can go with Dr. Najeeb’s medical videos.