Definition of Unemployment insurance:
Government welfare scheme under which employable persons who are unemployed through no fault of their own (but are available for work and are actively seeking paying jobs) are given monthly sums (called unemployment benefit) for sustenance.
Unemployment insurance, also called unemployment benefits, is a type of state-provided insurance that pays out when you lose your job and meet certain eligibility requirements. You will not receive unemployment benefits if you quit your job, are self-employed, or if you are fired for cause. The benefits are primarily paid out by state governments and funded by specific payroll taxes collected for that purpose.
Payment made by the government to an unemployed person.
The unemployment initiative is a joint program between individual state governments and the federal government. Unemployment insurance provides cash stipends to unemployed workers who actively seek employment. Compensation to eligible, unemployed workers is through the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) along with state employment agencies. .
How to use Unemployment insurance in a sentence?
- Benefits under unemployment insurance, also called unemployment compensation, last up to 26 weeks, depending on the state in which you live.
- You do not qualify for unemployment insurance if you quit your job or are fired for cause.
- If you have unemployment insurance you can breathe a little easier knowing that if you lose your job you will still have income.
- After being fired, Maria was relieved to find out that she qualified for unemployment insurance while searching for a new job.
- The U.S. Department of Labor oversees the unemployment insurance program.
- About 42,000 people filed new claims for unemployment insurance.
- Three programs established by the 2020 CARES Act are designed to help out-of-work Americans, including those who ordinarily would be ineligible to access unemployment funds.
- Giving good unemployment insurance will let your employees know that you care for them and should raise the office moral.
Meaning of Unemployment insurance & Unemployment insurance Definition