Definition of Trend:
A topic that is the subject of many posts on a social media website within a short period of time.
A pattern of gradual change in a condition, output, or process, or an average or general tendency of a series of data points to move in a certain direction over time, represented by a line or curve on a graph.
Change or develop in a general direction.
A general direction in which something is developing or changing.
(of a topic) be the subject of many posts on a social media website within a short period of time.
Synonyms of Trend
Brownian movement, Zeitgeist, Advance, Affluence, Afflux, Affluxion, Aim, Angular motion, Ascending, Ascent, Axial motion, Azimuth, Backflowing, Backing, Backward motion, Bear, Bear off, Bearing, Bend, Bend to, Bent, Bias, Bon ton, Branch off, Career, Change the bearing, Climbing, Concourse, Conduce, Confluence, Conflux, Contribute, Convention, Course, Craze, Crosscurrent, Cry, Current, Curve, Custom, Defluxion, Depart from, Descending, Descent, Detour, Deviate, Digress, Direction, Direction line, Dispose, Divagate, Divaricate, Diverge, Downflow, Downpour, Downward motion, Drift, Driftage, Ebb, Ebbing, Fad, Fashion, Flight, Flood, Flow, Flow back, Flow in, Flow out, Flowing, Fluency, Flush, Flux, Forward motion, Furore, Glacial movement, Go, Gush, Haute couture, Have a tendency, Head, Heading, Heel, Helmsmanship, High fashion, Hold a heading, Inclination, Incline, Inflow, Issue, Lay, Lead, Lean, Leaning, Lie, Line, Line of direction, Line of march, Look, Look to, Main current, Mainstream, Make, Mill run, Millrace, Mode, Motion, Mounting, Movement, Navigation, Oblique motion, Ongoing, Onrush, Onward course, Orientation, Outflow, Passage, Piloting, Plunging, Point, Point to, Pour, Prevailing taste, Progress, Progression, Proper thing, Quarter, Race, Radial motion, Rage, Random motion, Range, Redound to, Reflowing, Refluence, Reflux, Regression, Regurgitate, Retrogression, Rising, Run, Rush, Serve, Set, Set toward, Sheer, Shift, Show a tendency, Sideward motion, Sinking, Soaring, Spate, Steer, Steerage, Steering, Sternway, Stream, Stream of fashion, Style, Subsiding, Surge, Surge back, Swerve, Swim, Swing, Tack, Tend, Tend to go, Tendency, Tenor, The general tendency, The main course, Thing, Tide, Time spirit, Tone, Track, Traject, Trajet, Turn, Turn aside, Undercurrent, Undertow, Upward motion, Vary, Veer, Verge, Vogue, Warp, Water flow, Way, Wind, Work toward, Fashion, Vogue, Style, Mode, Craze, Mania, Rage, Tendency, Movement, Drift, Swing, Shift, Course, Current, Run, Direction, Inclination, Leaning, Move, Go, Tend, Head, Drift, Gravitate, Swing, Shift, Turn, Incline, Lean, Veer
How to use Trend in a sentence?
- To follow a trend you must not only be aware of what is currently happening but be astute enough to predict what is going to happen in the future.
- Before you think of investing in the stock market, you should know that the trend of market has been one of high volatility and rapid fluctuation.
- Ive just taken a quick look at whats trending on Twitter right now.
- For more than 20 days in a row, most of the top Twitter trends were Olympics-related.
- Unemployment has been trending upward.
- The latest trends in modern dance.
- The company was concerned with the downward trend that the sales of their new product line were exhibiting after several months of record sales.
- An upward trend in sales and profit margins.
Meaning of Trend & Trend Definition