Definition of Topology:
The study of geometric properties and spatial relations unaffected by the continuous change of shape or size of figures.
General: Study of physical space which, unlike geometry, is not concerned with exact dimensions and angles but with those properties of a surface that remain unaffected by distortion such as contiguity, order, and relative position.
Networking: Map of the wiring scheme of a network. It depicts where computers and devices (nodes) such as bridges, gateways, routers are located and how they are interconnected. Networks are usually configured in bus, ring, or star topologies or their hybrids.
The way in which constituent parts are interrelated or arranged.
How to use Topology in a sentence?
- The topology of the area was studied and referenced during our recommendation to our senior management team which pleased them greatly.
- Euclidean geometry studies Euclidean-space-structure, topology studies topological structures, and so on.
- I told the teacher I was more interested in topology than geometry and I wanted to switch classes while I had a chance.
- The topology of a computer network.
- You need to study the topology of your warehouse or factory so that you can maximize all the space that you have.
Meaning of Topology & Topology Definition