Definition of Tooling:
The ornamentation of a leather book cover with designs impressed by heated tools.
Working or manufacturing aids such as cutting tools, dies, fixtures, gauges, jigs, molds, and patterns of a specialized nature which (unless substantially altered or modified) are limited in use to a specific production line or the performance of a specific contract or job.
Assorted tools, especially ones required for a mechanized process.
Synonyms of Tooling
Burr, Chiseling, Cross-hatching, Demitint, Engravement, Engraving, Etch, Etching, Gem-engraving, Glass-cutting, Glyptic, Graving, Half tint, Hatching, Incision, Industrial instrumentation, Inscript, Inscription, Instrumentation, Line, Lining, Marking, Score, Scoring, Scratch, Scratching, Slash, Slashing, Stipple, Stippling, Tint, Type-cutting
How to use Tooling in a sentence?
- You need to make sure that you always have the correct tooling to get the job done the right way.
- We were tooling the place and bought a whole bunch of new things like saws and heavy stuff like that.
- After being rewarded with the largest contract in the businesss history, work began immediately to ensure the tooling would be ready to fill the orders by the start date.
- The tooling costs for the latest Ford Fiesta.
- Ornaments ready to use in the gold tooling of fine bindings.
Meaning of Tooling & Tooling Definition