Definition of Tertiary:
Ranked third in terms of importance. See also secondary, primary, service industry.
Third in order or level.
(of an organic compound) having its functional group located on a carbon atom which is itself bonded to three other carbon atoms.
The Tertiary period or the system of rocks deposited during it.
Relating to or denoting the first period of the Cenozoic era, between the Cretaceous and Quaternary periods, and comprising the Paleogene and Neogene subperiods.
A lay associate of certain Christian monastic organizations.
Synonyms of Tertiary
Maxwell triangle, Munsell scale, Chromatic circle, Chromatic spectrum, Chromaticity diagram, Color circle, Color cycle, Color index, Color mixture curve, Color solid, Color spectrum, Color system, Color triangle, Complementary color, Covert, Demitint, Feather, Feathers, Full color, Fundamental colors, Hackle, Half tint, Halftone, Hue cycle, Mail, Metamer, Monochrome, Plumage, Primary, Primary color, Pure color, Secondary, Secondary color, Solar spectrum, Spectral color, Spectrum, Spectrum color, Speculum, Tertiary color, Third
How to use Tertiary in a sentence?
- Some people when they write or say a series of things will describe the things using the words one, two and three but others like to use the words primary, secondary, and tertiary .
- The annihilation of the dinosaurs marks the boundary linking Cretaceous time and Tertiary time.
- The tertiary stage of the disease.
- If the hydroxyl group is bound to a carbon atom that is itself bound to three other carbon atoms then the resultant alcohol is a tertiary alcohol.
- The healthcare provider tracked their patients insurance profiles by primary provider, with the tertiary insurance coverer being the third provider of the patient, after the primary and the secondary.
- The tertiary objective was to create a colony on Mars, only after surviving the landing and having the instruments still functional to explore the lonely planet.
- A Franciscan tertiary.
Meaning of Tertiary & Tertiary Definition