Definition of Synthesis:
Process in which substances combine to form completely new substances or duplicated natural products. In industrial synthesis, hydrocarbon molecules are combined in various combinations to numerous types of plastics and other new compounds. In natural synthesis, carbon dioxide and water are combined with suns energy to produce glucose in plants (a process called photosynthesis).
Systematic combination of otherwise different elements to form a coherent whole.
Step in dialectic process where the affirmed concepts (the thesis) are countered with opposite affirmed concepts (the antithesis) to yield a final concept (the synthesis) that embraces or reconciles all acceptable concepts of the thesis and antithesis. This is how new (synthesized) knowledge emerges from the old knowledge.
The production of chemical compounds by reaction from simpler materials.
The combination of ideas to form a theory or system.
(in Hegelian philosophy) the final stage in the process of dialectical reasoning, in which a new idea resolves the conflict between thesis and antithesis.
Synonyms of Synthesis
Combination, Union, Amalgam, Blend, Mixture, Compound, Fusion, Coalescence, Composite, Concoction, Conglomerate, Alloy, Anschluss, Baconian method, A fortiori reasoning, A posteriori reasoning, A priori reasoning, Addition, Affiliation, Agglomeration, Aggregation, Agreement, Alliance, Amalgamation, Analysis, Assemblage, Assembly, Assimilation, Association, Blend, Blending, Building, Buildup, Cabal, Cartel, Centralization, Coalescence, Coalition, Combination, Combine, Combining, Combo, Composite, Composition, Compound, Confederacy, Confederation, Congeries, Conglomeration, Conjugation, Conjunction, Consolidation, Conspiracy, Constitution, Construction, Deduction, Deductive reasoning, Ecumenism, Embodiment, Encompassment, Enosis, Epagoge, Fabrication, Fashioning, Federalization, Federation, Formation, Fusing, Fusion, Generalization, Getup, Hookup, Hypothesis and verification, Identification, Inclusion, Incorporation, Induction, Inductive reasoning, Inference, Integrating, Integration, Junction, Junta, League, Make, Makeup, Marriage, Meld, Melding, Merge, Merger, Merging, Mixing, Mixture, Organization, Package, Package deal, Particularization, Philosophical induction, Piecing together, Putting together, Setup, Shaping, Solidification, Structure, Structuring, Syllogism, Syllogistic reasoning, Syncretism, Syndication, Syneresis, Tie-up, Unification, Unifying, Union, Wedding
How to use Synthesis in a sentence?
- The synthesis of intellect and emotion in his work.
- The synthesis of the CEOs information with sources from other companies provided the board members with a viable action plan.
- It is also to be noted that the dialectical process is not simply from thesis and antithesis to final synthesis; it is an eternal, open-ended spiral of development.
- The scientist tried to build a new substance using synthesis by combining multiple elements from one experiment with another experiment.
- The synthesis of methanol from carbon monoxide and hydrogen.
- He tried to make a synthesis using all of the information, but he couldnt find anything that connected the seemingly random facts.
Meaning of Synthesis & Synthesis Definition