Definition of Symbol:
Something that represents or represents something else, especially a material object that represents the abstract.
A symbol or gesture used as a traditional representation of an object, function, or action, for example. Letters or letters representing chemical elements or characters in a musical instrument.
A brand, symbol or word that indicates an idea, item or relationship, means or understands it. Symbols allow people to go beyond what they know or see, creating connections between ideas and experiences that would otherwise be very different. All communication (and data processing) is through symbols.
Synonyms of Symbol
Representation, Letter, Mark, Stand for, Hieroglyph, Character, Represent, Exemplify, Token, Image, Be a symbol of, Sign, Type, Sign, Emblem, Ideogram, Be a sign of, Figure
How to use Symbol in a sentence?
- The first symbolizes peace, the second represents the cleansing of sins.
- Instead of a one-year bonus, Dwight received a plaque commemorating his hard work and dedication to the company.
- The flowers they gave her on Valentine's Day are a sign of her love for him, but she only loves the scent.
- Lemon is a symbol of his wealth and power.
- During trips to other countries, I saw posters of words in a language I did not understand, but often had visual symbols to convey their meaning.
- The symbol r in Figure 5 represents an inefficient gene.
Meaning of Symbol & Symbol Definition