Definition of Supply chain:
The supply chain is a network between a company and its suppliers that manufactures certain products and sells them to end customers. The network consists of a wide range of activities, individuals, organizations, information and resources. The supply chain also represents the steps needed to get a product or service back to its original state.
Continuity of process in the manufacture and distribution of a product.
All company networks that are directly or indirectly connected and interdependent and serve the same customers or customers. This includes suppliers who supply raw materials, manufacturers who turn goods into products, warehouses, distribution centers that deliver to retailers, and retailers that deliver products to consumers. The supply chain is the basis of value chains, because without them, no producer is able to provide his customers with the price he wants, when and where he wants it, the price he wants. Manufacturers only compete with each other through their supply chain, and any level of improvement by the manufacturer cannot make up for any shortcomings in the supply chain that affect the competitiveness of the manufacturers.
Companies build supply chains to reduce costs and stay competitive in the business scene.
How to use Supply chain in a sentence?
- Toyota was unable to produce enough cars for all its dealers due to supply chain problems and did not have enough parts to find.
- Supply chain management results in lower costs and faster production cycles.
- Supply chain companies include manufacturers, suppliers, warehouses, transport companies, distribution centers and retailers.
- Supply chain functions include product development, marketing, operation, sales, finance and customer service.
- We need to look at our supply chain for our pizza topping and see if we can find better deals than other suppliers.
- Supply chain is a network between a company and its suppliers to manufacture and sell a particular product or service.
- Given the long supply chain and complex process, wanting to control the variable is natural.
- An important part of running a small business is making sure there is good supply management to ensure that your inventory is always complete and ready for anything.
Meaning of Supply chain & Supply chain Definition