Definition of Supplies:
Make (something needed or wanted) available to someone; provide.
A person, especially a schoolteacher, acting as a temporary substitute for another.
A stock or amount of something supplied or available for use.
Take over (a vacant place or role).
General purpose consumable items which commonly have a shorter life span in use than equipment and machines, and which are stocked for recurring use.
Synonyms of Supplies
Stock, Store, Reserve, Reservoir, Stockpile, Heap, Pile, Mass, Hoard, Cache, Collection, Storehouse, Repository, Give, Contribute, Provide, Furnish, Donate, Bestow, Grant, Endow, Afford, Impart, Lay on, Come up with, Make available, Proffer, Abundance, Accumulation, Amassment, Backlog, Budget, Canned foods, Collection, Commissariat, Commissary, Cornucopia, Cumulation, Dehydrated foods, Dump, Food supply, Fresh foods, Frozen foods, Groceries, Grocery, Heap, Hoard, Inventory, Larder, Mass, Material, Materials, Materiel, Merchandise, Munitions, Pile, Plenitude, Plenty, Provender, Provisionment, Provisions, Rations, Repertoire, Repertory, Rick, Stack, Stock, Stock-in-trade, Stockpile, Store, Stores, Supply on hand, Treasure, Treasury, Substitute, Stand-in, Fill-in, Locum, Temporary, Stopgap
How to use Supplies in a sentence?
- I didnt know if we had the right supplies to go to the place and I had to go to the store and buy them.
- The farm supplies apples to cider makers.
- When she died, no one could supply her place.
- In order to be compensated for your work today, we will need you to stock, organize, catalog, and re-shelf all of our out of season supplies .
- A farm with good water supply.
- A supply teacher.
- The members of the camping expedition decided they had to cut their trip short because they were running very low on supplies of food.
Meaning of Supplies & Supplies Definition