Supervisor

Supervisor,

Definition of Supervisor:

1. Person in the first-line management who monitors and regulates employees in their performance of assigned or delegated tasks. Supervisors are usually authorized to recommend and/or effect hiring, disciplining, promoting, punishing, rewarding, and other associated activities regarding the employees in their departments.

2. A person who supervises a person or an activity.

Synonyms of Supervisor

Manager, Director, Administrator, Overseer, Controller, Boss, Chief, Superintendent, Inspector, Head, Governor, Superior, Organizer, Conductor, Steward, Foreman, Ganger, Big Brother, Administrator, Alderman, Archon, Auditor, Bailie, Boatswain, Boss, Burghermaster, Burgomaster, Cabinet member, Cabinet minister, Chancellor, Chief, City councilman, City father, City manager, Commissar, Commissioner, Comptroller, Controller, Councillor, Councilman, Councilwoman, County commissioner, County supervisor, Director, Elder, Floor manager, Floorman, Floorwalker, Foreman, Gaffer, Ganger, Governor, Head, Headman, Induna, Inspector, Legislator, Lord mayor, Magistrate, Maire, Manager, Mayor, Minister, Minister of state, Monitor, Noncommissioned officer, Overman, Overseer, Portreeve, Proctor, Reeve, Secretary, Secretary of state, Selectman, Sirdar, Slave driver, Straw boss, Subforeman, Super, Superintendent, Superior, Surveyor, Syndic, Taskmaster, Undersecretary, Visitor, Warden

How to use Supervisor in a sentence?

1. If you arent sure how to handle something and need some advice go to your supervisor and see if they can help you.
  2. Jacks supervisor Mindy poured a bucket of ice water on Jacks head to wake him from his 30 minute afternoon nap.
  3. My supervisor at work told me to mop up the floor yesterday during the closing shift. Because he is practically my boss, I obliged.
  4. Heres whats surprising to me: 27 percent had come to the attention of supervisors for suspicious activities prior to the crime they were caught committing.

Meaning of Supervisor & Supervisor Definition