Definition of Substitutes:
Replace (a sports player) with a substitute during a match.
Alternative term for substitute goods.
A person or thing acting or serving in place of another.
A sports player nominated as eligible to replace another after a match has begun.
Use or add in place of.
Synonyms of Substitutes
Exchange, Use as a replacement, Switch, Replacement, Deputy, Relief, Proxy, Reserve, Surrogate, Cover, Fill-in, Stand-in, Standby, Locum, Locum tenens, Understudy, Stopgap, Alternative, Ancillary
How to use Substitutes in a sentence?
- This is the only restaurant that I know of where substitutes arent possible: If I want to have tomatoes instead of onions I feel as though it should be my right as a paying customer.
- He was substituted eleven minutes from time.
- Stewart was the Rovers substitute.
- Dried rosemary can be substituted for the fresh herb.
- A sheriff substitute.
- Soya milk is used as a substitute for dairy milk.
- The substitutes were ready to come into the game and work hard and we were looking forward to the results of what we did.
- You may find it is best to use substitutes for certain things if they keep the integrity of your product but cost less.
Meaning of Substitutes & Substitutes Definition