Definition of Subordinate:
An employee is inferior to another in terms of seniority or office rankings.
A person under the authority or authority of another person in an institution.
Treat it or make it less important than anything else.
Lower rank or location.
Synonyms of Subordinate
Pawn, Inferior, Aide, Mate, Number two, Commonality, Servile, Third stringer, Hold in subjection, Slave, Feudal, Third rank, Next to, Categorize, In the shade, Adjutant, Second fiddle, Client, Yes-man, Sub, Grade, Subordinate to, Feudatory, Screen, Less, Sift, Ordinary, Sort out, Lower-ranking, Second string, Minor, Low, Humble, Beneath, Third string, Poor relation, Separate, Lead captive, Deputy, Rank, Keep under, Divide, Assort, Homager, Vassal, Masses, Lowly, Hoi polloi, Lower, Flunkey, Enthrall, Size, Stooge, Accessory, Supplementary, Lackey, Lesser, Apprentice, Group, Second rank, Subaltern, Servant, Dependent, Under, Creature, Lackey, Hold in leash, Collateral, Adjuvant, Lower, Disenfranchise, Underling, Lesser, Classify, Auxiliary, Deprive of freedom, Minor, Liege, Right-hand woman, Junior, Commonalty, Junior, Lowly, Inferior, Hold captive, Secondary, Subject, Lightweight, Understrapper, Cog, Subjugate, Peon, Follower, Inferior, Yeoman, Minion, Second, Flunky, Bolt, Dominate, Aide, Contributory, Myrmidon, Retainer, Sieve, Subaltern, Lower orders, Scrub, Disfranchise, Staffer, Underling, Vassalize, Hanger-on, Gradate, Peonize, Junior, Hireling, Keep down, Satellite, Collate, Underprivileged, Helper, Hold in bondage, Hold down, Riddle, Right-hand man, Subservient, Enslave, Modest, Sort, Make dependent, Below, Assistant, Assistant, Supporting, Minion, Serf, Liege man, Employee, Right-hand man, Subsidiary, Take captive, Hold in captivity, Common, Infra dig, Lower class, Second in command, Demeaning, Disadvantaged, Tributary, Vulgar
How to use Subordinate in a sentence?
- He decided to cut his tongue and say nothing, knowing that he was subordinate to his boss and did not want to risk being fired.
- He is especially kind to his subordinates.
- The new employee promised to be subordinate to his manager for a while just because he humbly dreamed of moving to another honorable position.
- It is important for subordinates to respect their superiors, as superiors are generally more educated and experienced in the field than their subordinates.
- Your NCO
- Practical superiority is secondary to political gain.
Meaning of Subordinate & Subordinate Definition