Definition of Subcontracting:
Employ a firm or person outside ones company to do (work) as part of a larger project.
Subcontracting is the practice of assigning, or outsourcing, part of the obligations and tasks under a contract to another party known as a subcontractor.
Subcontracting is especially prevalent in areas where complex projects are the norm, such as construction and information technology. Subcontractors are hired by the project's general contractor, who continues to have overall responsibility for project completion and execution within its stipulated parameters and deadlines. This can create a subcontractor risk for compliance.
A business practice where main contractor hires additional individuals or companies called subcontractors to help complete a project. The main contractor is still in charge and must oversee hires to ensure project is executed and completed as specified in contract.
A contract for a company or person to do work for another company as part of a larger project.
Synonyms of Subcontracting
Contract out, Outsource, Assign to others, Subcontract, Delegate
How to use Subcontracting in a sentence?
- Most of our work is all done in-house so we can keep profits higher than if we were subcontracting the work out to another company.
- In the construction business, a general contractor typically organizes several subcontractors that specialize in specific trades.
- A construction company can maintain a smaller staff and better handle temporary periods of high work volumes by subcontracting portions of their projects to other companies or individuals.
- Subcontract labour.
- Subcontracting refers to the practice of bringing in an outside company or individual to perform specific parts of a contract or project.
- In most cases, a company subcontracts another business to perform a task that cannot be handled internally.
- We would subcontract the translation work out.
- We decided to engage in subcontracting to ensure the project would be completed on time as we did not want any more full time employees.
Meaning of Subcontracting & Subcontracting Definition