Definition of STRIPS:
Separate Trading of Registered Interest and Principle of Securities. US Treasury departments program under which certain US government bonds are allowed to be separated into their principal (corpus) and interest (coupon) parts to be sold separately. Not to be confused with Strips, the alternative term for strip financing.
Remove all coverings from.
Deprive someone of (rank, power, or property).
Tear the thread or teeth from (a screw, gearwheel, etc.).
(of a bullet) be fired from a rifled gun without spin owing to a loss of surface.
The identifying outfit worn by the members of a sports team while playing.
Leave bare of accessories or fittings.
Sell off (the assets of a company) for profit.
An act of undressing, especially in a striptease.
Synonyms of STRIPS
Outfit, Clothes, Clothing, Garments, Costume, Suit, Dress, Garb, Empty, Clear, Clean out, Plunder, Rob, Burgle, Loot, Rifle, Pillage, Ransack, Gut, Lay bare, Devastate, Sack, Ravage, Raid, Take away from, Dispossess, Deprive, Confiscate, Divest, Relieve, Deny, Rob
How to use STRIPS in a sentence?
- They stripped the bed.
- Thieves stripped the room of luggage.
- She got drunk and did a strip on top of the piano.
- Getting the screw out can strip the bushing threads in the frame.
- The teams away strip is a garish mix of red, white, and blue.
- One is that the CEOs in question will be powerful enough to strip assets from their companies for their own gain - and get away with it.
- The lieutenant was stripped of his rank.
Meaning of STRIPS & STRIPS Definition