Definition of Stockbroker:
Being able to buy and sell stocks and other securities requires access to one of the major exchanges such as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or the NASDAQ. To trade on these exchanges you must be a member of the exchange or belong to a member firm. Member firms and many of the individuals who work for them are licensed as brokers or broker-dealers by FINRA. While it is possible to buy stock shares directly from the company that issues them, it is much simpler to work with a stockbroker.
A broker who buys and sells securities on a stock exchange on behalf of clients.
Licensed agent who has to pass certain qualifying tests to be certified to offer securities investment advice to investors. He or she may (1) counsel what and when to buy, (2) counsel whether to hold or sell securities, (3) execute buy-sell orders on behalf of the investors, and (4) charge a percentage of the transaction amount as brokerage fee for the services rendered. Also called registered representative.
A stockbroker is a professional who executes buy and sell orders for stocks and other securities on behalf of clients. A stockbroker may also be known as a registered representative, investment adviser or simply, broker. Stockbrokers are usually associated with a brokerage firm and handle transactions for retail and institutional customers alike. Stockbrokers often receive commissions for their services, but individual compensation can vary greatly depending on where they are employed. Brokerage firms and broker-dealers are also sometimes referred to as stockbrokers themselves. The most commonly referenced stockbroker firms are discount brokers.
Synonyms of Stockbroker
Realtor, Wall Streeter, Bill broker, Bond crowd, Broker, Cambist, Cotton broker, Curb broker, Dealer, Diamond broker, Discount broker, Estate agent, Floor broker, Floor trader, Floorman, Furniture broker, Grain broker, Hotel broker, Insurance broker, Jobber, Land broker, Money broker, Money changer, Mortgage broker, Note broker, Odd-lot dealer, Pawnbroker, Pit man, Real estate agent, Real estate broker, Registered representative, Sharebroker, Ship broker, Specialist, Stock dealer, Stock-exchange broker, Stockjobber, Two-dollar broker, Dealer, Broker-dealer, Agent, Negotiator, Trafficker
How to use Stockbroker in a sentence?
- Most stockbrokers put private clients shares in nominee accounts for administrative convenience.
- Stockbrokers require a financial education and the passage of several industry exams.
- Discount broker firms dominate the majority of customer interaction.
- If you have a good stockbroker he may be able to get you in on the right stocks at the right time to make a lot.
- Lower service fees have made the stock market available to more investors.
- My uncle was a very successful stockbroker and that gave him a lot of confidence and that was very evident at Thanksgiving.
- The stockbroker was generous in his recommendations which were closely paid attention to given his track record of consistent success.
- The role of a stockbroker has changed dramatically since the proliferation of the internet.
Meaning of Stockbroker & Stockbroker Definition