Definition of Sterilization:
Total destruction of all microorganisms (whether or not pathogenic) and their spores, usually through the use of drastic methods such as concentrated toxic chemicals (chlorine, formaldehyde, glutar-aldehydes, etc.), very high temperature, or intense radiation. A sterilized item cannot support life in any form. See also sterilant.
Sterilization requires a central bank to look beyond its national borders by getting involved in foreign exchange. As an example, consider the Federal Reserve purchasing a foreign currency, in this case the yen, and the purchase is made with dollars that the Fed had in its reserves. This action results in there being less yen in the overall market – it has been placed in reserves by the Fed – and more dollars, since the dollars that were in the Fed’s reserve are now in the open market. To sterilize the effect of this transaction, the Fed can sell government bonds, which removes dollars from the open market and replaces them with a government obligation.
Sterilization is a form of monetary action in which a central bank seeks to limit the effect of inflows and outflows of capital on the money supply. Sterilization most frequently involves the purchase or sale of financial assets by a central bank, and is designed to offset the effect of foreign exchange intervention. The sterilization process is used to manipulate the value of one domestic currency relative to another, and is initiated in the foreign exchange market.
Surgery to make a person or animal unable to produce offspring.
The process of making something free from bacteria or other living microorganisms.
How to use Sterilization in a sentence?
- Usually, central banks modify classical sterilization by including fiscal policy measures in order to overcome problems like inflation.
- Classical sterilization involves central banks conducting buy and sell operations in open markets.
- When working with perishable foods you must make sure they go through the full sterilization process before shipping them out.
- Disinfection and sterilization of surgical equipment.
- Sterilization is monetary action used by central banks in order to stem the negative effects emerging from capital inflows or outflows from a country's economy.
- The sterilization that occurs naturally in coconut is a primary reason it is used and is better than IV fluid in hospitals.
- Before we could go back into the room, it had to undergo a sterilization process that would ensure that we would not get sick.
- She had three children and had undergone sterilization.
Meaning of Sterilization & Sterilization Definition