Smart lock android
How to unlock an Android smart phone?
- Step 1. Select an option to unlock the screen. After opening the program, immediately select the screen unlock option. Then connect your locked Android
- Step 2. Put your phone in download mode. To put your phone into download mode, you need to follow the on-screen instructions. First of all you have to
- Step 3. Download recovery package. When the device detects that the phone is in download mode, it will download the recovery package for:
- Step 4. Start removing your Android password. After the recovery package is completely downloaded, the program removes the password lock screen.
Is it possible to remotely lock my Android phone?
How to Lock Your Android Phone Remotely Log in and enter your credentials. Select Xnspy for Android and you will be redirected to the app drawer from where you can control your phone. A menu appears on the left. Click "Lock Phone" and a window will pop up. You need to enter your password and then click "Lock Phone".
How do you disable smart lock?
To turn off Smart Lock Swipe down with two fingers or twice with one finger. Tap > Security > Smart Lock. Enter your password, pattern, or PIN, then click Next. Do one of the following: Click Trusted devices. Touch the device and then touch Remove Trusted Device.
How to lock down an Android device?
- Restrict access to an application. If your device uses Android Lollipop or later, you can pin a specific app to your phone or tablet screen.
- Set up a restricted profile on your tablet.
- Configure web filtering.
- Google Play parental controls.
- Limit your data usage.
- Other parental control apps.
What is the code to unlock an Android phone?
- Insert a new SIM card into your device and turn it on.
- After the invitation, you must enter one of the following two codes: 000000 123456
- Rounded! These are the only two codes that Verizon uses to unlock. If none of these methods work, call Verizon Support at *611 for manual assistance.
How can I unlock my Android phone without password?
First of all, you need to shut down your Android phone completely to reset Android password. Now you need to find the recovery mode hotkey. In most cases, this is Volume + Home key. If this particular shortcut works for you, go to Google and enter your model number to find the shortcut.
How do you unlock lock screen on Android?
Screen lock Press the power button. This is the most common screen lock method on Android phones and tablets. Press the power button again to unlock the screen. You will be prompted to enter additional information to access the main screen. Enter your PIN, password or pattern. After verifying the information, the main screen will appear.
How do I bypass an Android lock screen?
After signing in to your Samsung account, simply click on the Lock my screen option on the left and enter your new PIN, then click the Lock button below. This will change the lock password within minutes. It will help to bypass the Android lock screen without a Google account.
How to unlock an android smartphone without
The best way to unlock Android phone without password is to use a professional Android unlock tool like Android Unlock. It has a high success rate, over 98%, in unlocking your Android device whether your phone is locked with a password, fingerprint, or pattern.
How can I unlock my Android phone?
How to unlock an Android phone. Procedure Next, download the Android phone unlock generator on your device. Then open the file on your device. Finally, click the Install button. Then connect the information about the locked mobile phone (IMEI number, Android version, carrier and country, mobile phone brand), then click the "Unlock" button.
How to unlock a locked phone?
- Launch Android Unlock. After installing and running the Android Unlock Tool on your computer, select
- Put your Android phone into download mode. Click the "Start" button on the screen and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Download the recovery package on your Android phone.
Can't unlock your Android device?
Be activated Be connected to a Google account Be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi Be visible on Google Play Activate location Activate Find my device Important: Settings may differ depending on your phone. Contact your device manufacturer for more information.
How do you unlock MetroPCS phone?
To unlock your MetroPCS phone, call MetroPCS customer service at 8888638768 or visit the MetroPCS store and request an unlock code. MetroPCS provides unlock codes to GSM phone customers who have used their phone services for at least 90 consecutive days.
How to unlock Android phone without password?
- Download and install PhoneRescue for Android on your computer for free > Start > Connect your Android phone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Click the second button in the top left corner to select the function to remove the lock screen.
- Once your Android device is recognized, click the "Start Unlock" button to start the uninstall process.
Can I use unlocked phone with Verizon?
This means that the phone is not working. Without a carrier, a cell phone cannot make or receive calls or write other functions, such as texting or accessing the Internet. However, the unlocked phone can now work with any carrier available, including Verizon.
How to carrier unlock Android phone?
- Android sim unlock download.
- Select a SIM unlock tool.
- Connect your phone to the program.
How do I know if my device is unlocked?
To find out if your device is unlocked: Turn off your device. Locate the SIM card slot on your device. Buy another SIM card (meaning a friend or relative). Put it on your device. Turn your devices back on. Look at the top of your device's screen. If it works properly, it is unlocked.
How to unlock an android smartphone battery
The most common way to reset the lock screen on an Android phone is to perform a hard reset. You can factory reset your Android phone to unlock it. Remember, a hard reset will erase all data on your phone. A hard reset will unlock your phone, but won't get your data back.
How can I unlock my Android phone with ADB?
Unlocking an Android Phone with Android Debug Bridge (ADB) If you've never tried ADB, now is the time to unlock your Android phone. Several ADB commands can be used to unlock Android phones to your Google account if USB debugging is enabled on your Android phone.
How to use imyfone lockwiper (Android) to unlock Android phone?
LockWiper (Android) can still handle lock screens such as broken screen, broken key, or disconnected device.
Step 1 : Download and launch iMyFone LockWiper (Android) on PC or Mac, then click "Start" to begin the device unlocking process.
Step 2 : Connect your Android phone to your computer with a USB cable.
How to reset Android phone screen lock without data loss?
Part 2: How to reset Android phone screen lock without data loss. 1 Switch off your phone. 2 Press and hold the Home button, the Volume Down button, and the Power button at the same time. 3 Press the volume key to switch to download mode.
How to unlock an android smartphone password
Method 1: Unlock Android Phone If You Forgot PIN or Password
Step 1 : Open Android Device Manager on your device.
Step 2 : Sign in to your Google account. You will see the screen below on your PC or laptop. Step 3 : Click the "Lock" icon Step 4 : Enter the new password and re-enter the password to confirm. Step 5 : Click on "Block".
How do I unlock my phone if I forgot the password?
To unlock your phone after setting a password, turn on the screen, drag the screen up to enter the password, then touch OK. After that, your phone will be unlocked. If you've forgotten your password, you'll need to reset your phone to factory settings to access it.
How to reset a locked Android phone?
- 1. Go to AuthSubTokens and enter your credentials to make sure your device is listed.
- 2. If your device is listed, it will show as an Android phone. Revoking access to a device creates a new password. Situation 3. How?
- 1. Turn off your Android device, then press and hold the Power, Volume Down, and Camera buttons at the same time. However, if your device is not
- 2. Release all buttons once your Android device is powered on. Use the volume slider to scroll down and up until you find an option
How do I lock my Android phone?
Go to the Settings menu on your device. Scroll down until you find "Security" or "Security & screen lock" and tap it. This is generally found in Personal on Android or later. In the Screen Saver section, tap the Screen lock option.
How to check if your phone is unlocked?
- If possible, call with your current SIM card. This is to check if the phone is working properly. (Call and say hello to mommy
- Turn off your phone and remove the SIM card. Consult the manual or online if you are not sure how to do this and if you need a SIM eject tool,
- Insert a new SIM card into your phone and turn it back on.
- When a dialog box appears asking for a SIM unlock code, your phone is locked with the SIM card from the carrier where it was originally purchased.
How to unlock Android phone without passcode?
- Go to Google Find My Device on your computer or other smartphone - sign in with the same Google credentials you used on your locked phone.
- Select the device you want to unlock > Select "Lock" > Enter the temporary password and press "Lock" again.
- When you're done, you'll see a confirmation below the box with options: Call, Block, and Delete.
- Finally, go to your Android phone's lock screen settings and disable the temporary password.
How do I know if my phone is unlocked?
To find out if your iPhone is unlocked, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular. If you see a cellular network, your phone is probably unlocked. Although this method is the simplest, it is not reliable.
How do I unlock my rooted phone?
To unlock a rooted phone, you need to temporarily reset the phone to its stock software. If you are not the one who rooted the phone and don't know how to do it, you can look for help on online forums like XDA Developers, or just search for "delete phone".
How do I unlock my Android phone pattern?
- First, visit the Android Device Manager official website from your computer or other device.
- After that, you will see all the devices connected to this account and select your device to unlock the pattern.
- After choosing a phone you have three options: view, call and delete.
Is it possible to remotely lock my android phone remotely
Another way to remotely lock an Android phone is to install Xnspy on your device. It is one of the best Android tracking apps to track your device remotely. You need to subscribe to the app first and then install it on your phone. Installing Xnspy on a target device is easy.
How do you turn off smart lock?
To turn off Smart Lock Swipe down with two fingers or twice with one finger. Tap > Security > Smart Lock. Enter your password, pattern, or PIN, then click Next. Do one of the following: Click Trusted devices.
How do I remove Google smart lock?
Disable Smart Lock in Chrome.
Step 1 : In Chrome, go to the browser settings by clicking the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
Step 2 : Scroll down to Passwords & Forms and click Manage Passwords.
How do I disable app lock?
Go to System Preferences > Security > Device Administrators and disable App Lock. Now go back to Settings and go to the Applications section and then to the Downloaded tab. Find the AppLock app and then click Disable or Uninstall if you can't find an option to disable it.
How to disable the Android lock screen?
- Open the settings. On your Android device's home screen, find the settings in the app drawer or tap the gear icon in the top right corner
- Select "Security". A drop-down menu will appear and all you need to do is click on “Security” in these options to get started.
- Touch on the lock screen. There are 3 different options in the Screen Saver section.
How to disable Google smart lock?
- Enter your browser settings by selecting the three-dot menu in the top right corner, then select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Passwords & Forms option and select Manage Passwords.
- When you are logged in, select "Suggest to remove passwords". Continue to disable automatic login.
- Clear your browsing history to remove all traces of your Chrome passwords.
How do disable lockscreen in Android?
Turn off the Android lock screen Open Settings On your Android device's home screen, find the settings in the app drawer or tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Select "Security". A drop-down menu will appear and all you need to do is click on Security in these options to get started. Tap Screen lock. There are 3 different options in the Screen Saver section.
How to disable smart hard drive detection on my HP laptop?
To disable Smart Hard Drive Detection on my HP computer 1 Turn on or restart the computer. 2 Press the F2, F10 or Del key when the BIOS message text appears on the screen. 3 Use the arrow keys to navigate the BIOS menus and use the label on the screen as a reference to change settings.
How to fix a smart disk error?
How to fix the SMART disk error? 1 Run the test from the BIOS menu. 2 Run the chkdsk command.
How do I Turn Off the Smart Mode on my computer?
Highlight an option and set it to Off. o Disabled. After changing the settings, select "Save and Exit" from the menu or press the corresponding key on your keyboard (as shown in the title).
How do I Turn Off Smart monitoring?
You must access your system BIOS and disable SMART monitoring. Turn on or restart your computer. Press the F2, F10 or Delete key when the BIOS message text appears on the screen. It depends on the model, but pressing the correct key will open the BIOS menu.
How do you disable smart lock on iphone
Unlock iPhone Locked with Screen Password with iMyFone LockWiper
Step 1 : Install and open iMyFone LockWiper and click "Start".
Step 2 : Connect your iPhone.
Step 3 : So they are talking about starting in DFU mode.
Step 4 : In the window, select the correct phone number from the drop-down list.
How do you turn off the lock screen on an iPhone?
Slide your finger from left to right on the status bar until you see the screen lock icon, a padlock inside a circular arrow. Touch the lock screen icon to disable the screen lock. The lock icon will disappear and the screen rotation should be unlocked. Press the Home button again to go back and hide the status bar.
How to restart a locked iPhone?
1) Press and hold the volume down button and the sleep/wake button at the same time. 2) When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
How to restart iPhone when disabled?
1) You need a computer to perform these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or visit an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. 2) Make sure your device is not connected to your computer, then select your device below and follow these steps: iPhone X or later and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus:.
How to fix a smart disk error in BIOS?
Correcting a smart disk error 1 Run a test in the BIOS menu. 2 Run the chkdsk command.
How to disable smart hard disk drive in Windows 10?
>Press the F2 key when the BIOS message text appears on the screen. > Use the arrow keys to navigate through the BIOS menu and use the on-screen legend as a reference to change settings. Look for a menu called Hardware, Hard Drive. > Select the SMART option and set it to Disabled or Disabled. > Select "Save and exit".
How to fix smart error hard drive not responding?
Click "Start" on your computer and select "Computer" or "This PC" to continue. Select the SMART error disk and right click on it. Select Properties to continue. Go to the "Tools" tab and click "Confirm" to continue. If errors are found on the hard drive, you will be prompted to check the drive.
How do you disable smart lock on mac
All you have to do is hold it down. This will disable Smart Lock. The only way to enable this is to manually unlock your device by entering your device's PIN or password, or by using fingerprint unlock, if supported and configured on your device.
How do I Turn Off the smart lock on my phone?
1 Open the Settings application on your phone. 2 Touch Smart Lock Security & Location. 3 Enter your PIN, pattern, or password. 4 Disable human detection and remove all trusted devices, trusted places, proxies, and voices that match voices. 5 Optional: To disable the screen lock, learn more about the lock screen settings.
How do I Turn Off the password protection lock on iPad?
#1 Turn off password protection on your iPad iPad using the home button: Option 1: Tap on Settings then General > Find and tap on Password Lock to disable it > Make sure Easy Password is turned off. Option 2: Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (or Settings > Passcode), then touch Disable Passcode.
How do I Turn on/off the screen lock on my iPhone?
To activate the screen lock: Briefly press the power button. To disable the screen lock: Briefly press the power button. Drag the arrow to the right. Click on "Settings". Press General. Tap Auto-lock. To activate the automatic screen lock:.
How do I unlock the cover lock on my iPad?
The General Settings screen populates the column on the right side of your device. Find the Lock/Unlock iPad Cover option, in the middle of the screen under the Password lock option and above the Restrictions option.
How do I lock my Android phone remotely?
Go to your device settings and click on "Security". In the Android Device Manager section, enable (enable) the option Allow remote lock and factory reset and Remote Search on this device. Make sure you are using a commonly used Google account. Open the settings menu. In the "Personal" menu, click "Location", toggle the switch to "On".
How do I unlock my Android screen?
- To get started, launch the iSkysoft Toolkit on your system and click "Unlock from Start".
- Connect your phone to the system using the original USB cable.
- Enter the relevant information about your phone, such as make, model and name.
- Start your phone by pressing the appropriate key combination in download mode
How to change lock screen on iPhone?
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the photo you want to use for the lock screen.
- Touch the Share icon when the photo opens in full screen mode.
- Select "Use as wallpaper" from the sharing options available on your screen.
- Tap Install and then Personalize lock screen to apply the photo to your lock screen.
How do I lock my iPhone?
- Locate the power button on the top of your iPhone.
- Press the power button once. Make sure not to hold the button as this will turn off the phone.
- Press the home button just below the device screen to unlock it.
- Click and drag the cursor arrow all the way to the right.
How do I lock the volume on my iPhone?
There are two ways to lock the volume control on iPhone: 1) Lock the screen by pressing the top button on the iPhone. When the screen is locked (as shown below), the hotkeys do not work to adjust the volume. 2) The key combinations for the volume can be turned off via the context menu.
How to lock down an android device on pc
The best way to unlock an Android smartphone or mobile device from PC is to use iMyFone LockWiper (Android). There are other solutions as well, but LockWiper (Android) makes the process simple, painless and smooth, even if a non-technical person can download, install and use it to unlock your Android device.
How to lock down an android device on mac
Select your Android device. If your Android isn't currently selected when you open Find My Device, click it in the menu on the left. 4 Click Block. It's on the left side of the page, just below your Android name.
How do I lock my Android device using Find my Device?
Sign in to your Google account. If prompted, enter your Gmail address, click NEXT, enter your password, and click NEXT. If you don't know your Google account password, you'll need to reset it before continuing. Select your Android device. If your Android isn't currently selected when you open Find My Device, click it in the menu on the left. Click on block.
How to lock your Android tablet or phone to a single app?
To link your Android tablet or phone to one app, you must first set up screen pinning on your Android device by following these steps. 1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet. 4. Then click on "Lock screen" (or "Lock Windows" in the case of a Samsung device).
How to delete lock screen apps on Android devices?
If you know your regular Android password but can't unlock it because of a third-party screen lock app, you can uninstall the screen lock app in safe mode. Some apps install malicious apps that protect your lock screen with a password. You can use safe mode to uninstall these applications.
How do I lock my device when I'm not in a profile?
If you are not in the last profile, you can open it by clicking on it. You must sign in to a new profile to lock the device. Drag the notification bar down by sliding down from the top of the screen. If you have a guest profile option, click it to go there.
How to lock down an android device on computer
1. Computer access. 2. Log in to the system. 3. Tap your Android. 4. Click on "Block". 5. Enter a new password. 6. Click on "Block". 7. Unlock Android with a new password.
How to lock down an android device windows 10
Pairing an Android device with Bluetooth To enable Dynamic Lock, you must first pair your Android device with your Windows 10 computer via Bluetooth. Also keep in mind that the device used for this function can be any Bluetooth device, such as a smartwatch. To do this, go to the Bluetooth settings of your Android smartphone and activate the Bluetooth option.
How do I lock my Windows 10 device remotely?
On a shared device, go to Start > Settings > Account > Your Information to see if you are an administrator. Remotely lock your Windows device. If you can find your device on the map, choose Block > Next. When your device is locked, you can reset your password for extra security.
How do I lock my device on the map?
On a shared device, go to Start > Settings > Account > Your Information to see if you are an administrator. When you find your device on the map, choose Lock > Next. When your device is locked, you can reset your password for extra security. For more information about passwords, see Change or reset your Windows password.
How to lock down your Android tablet or smartphone for kids?
To lock your Android smartphone or tablet from children 1 Restrict access to one application. If your device has Android Lollipop or higher. 2 Set up a restricted profile on your tablet. Android Lollipop offers limited profiles. 3 Configure web filtering.
How do I lock or unlock a shared device?
On a shared device, go to Start > Settings > Account > Your Information to see if you are an administrator. When you find your device on the map, choose Lock > Next. When your device is locked, you can reset your password for extra security.
How to lock down an android device on ipad
Then press the Home button to return to the Home screen. Open the app of your choice and once it loads, press the Home button three times to bring up the Guided Access screen. Click start. 4. Guided access mode will start and your device will be locked in the app.
How do I restore a locked iPad?
Connect the iPad to your computer while holding the Home button to turn on the iPad. Release the Home button when you see the Connect to iTunes message. Launch iTunes. iTunes will notify you when a device is found in recovery mode. Click OK and then Restore to reset iPad settings.
How to get into a locked iPad?
Make sure your iPad is not connected to your computer. Press and hold the top button and either volume button until you see the power off slider. Drag the slider to turn off the iPad. Then you are connected. If you have backed up your iPad, restore your data and settings after removing the password.
How do I unlock the screen lock on my iPad?
To unlock the screen, press the Home button or the Sleep/Wake button to wake it up. Slide your finger over the unlock message to unlock it at the bottom of the screen and follow the prompts to unlock your device with a passcode, Touch ID, or alphanumeric passcode.
How do you reset an iPad without a computer?
Unfortunately, cleaning and resetting this iPad is impossible without a computer. You can erase it, but you'll need a computer (with the latest version of iTunes) to fully restore it and start over. So your only hope is to take it to the Apple Store to restore and modify it for you.
How to lock down an android device without
Double tap the screen to lock a phone without a power button. Many modern Android devices have a double tap to unlock and lock this feature. How to lock Android screen while watching video? To lock the touch screen during video playback, simply press the power button during video playback.
How to lock down an android device on windows
To enter the lock mode, the user can press and hold the power button until options appear. Usually emergency mode, shutdown, reboot, and possibly other parameters will appear after you press and hold the power button. If the lock mode is enabled, the menu also offers the option to enable the lock.
How can I lock my Android device remotely?
- Go and sign in with your Google account. If you have multiple phones, click on Lost phone above. If you have multiple user profiles on your lost phone, log in with your Google account, which you can find in your main profile. Learn more about user profiles.
- A notification is sent to the lost phone.
- You will find information on the map
What is the best smart lock?
The best overall Smart Lock is the August WiFi Smart Lock (see on Amazon). It's easy to use and install, it works with your existing bolt and Wi-Fi, so you don't need to make any additional purchases. If you'd rather have an alarm on your Smart Lock, the Schlage Encode Deadbolt Smart Lock (see on Amazon) is powerful.
What is the best residential door lock?
Of course, a category 1 deadbolt lock is best suited for home security. If your primary concern when choosing door locks is the security of your home, as it should be, the best home door lock will be one with an ANSI Class 1 rating.
What is the best digital door lock?
- Schlage Encode Smart WIFI Crossbar Enjoy absolute freedom and security with the intuitive Schlage padlock that can be used anywhere, anytime.
- Ultraloq Ubolt Pro implements reliable and secure technology in a transparent way!
- Hornbill Smart Lock Bring light and convenience to your everyday life with this simple and effective Hornbill smart lock.
What are smart locks?
Smart locks are part of a wider smart home trend that allows you to control certain electronic devices in your home with your smartphone. These locks have a range of benefits that make your home more comfortable and secure. Some smart locks allow you to send guest keys to your family and friends so they don't disturb you.
What is Google doing with smart unlock?
- Face recognition
- voice recognition
- Location of your Android device
- Your communications with trusted devices.
- About identifying a corpse.
How do you unlock Google?
Unblock a domain: Go to If you're not redirected to the Google Domains console, click Manage domains in the top right corner. Click on the domain you want to unlock and scroll down to the "Domain Lock" section. Click Unlock Domain.
How to unlock Google lock?
1) Click the download icon above and click Remove Google Lock from EelPhone springs to bypass Google Lock. 2) Connect your Google locked Android phone to your computer with a USB cable and keep it connected during the whole process. 3) Deleting the Google account will download the exact APK package for the Android phone blocked by Google based on your phone model. 4) Sending instructions to the locked Google phone immediately after startup activates the Google locked Android phone through pop-up windows. It is important to keep the connection or file open. 5) Click the view to see the URL in the browser, download the APK and install it on the locked phone by clicking the download button. 6) After the APK is successfully installed, the Android phone will enter the settings interface. Follow the instructions in the tool to enable the Window PIN feature.
Which are the best home deadbolts?
- Medeco 11R503191. Medeco 11R503191 is designed to provide the highest possible protection against physical manipulation.
- Mechanical engine. Hangcheng keyless door lock is much more complicated than traditional deadbolt.
- Suggest B60 N CEN 622.
- Quixet 99800097.
- Rulart double cylinder
What are the best front door locks?
After more than 40 hours of reporting, reviewing dozens of bolts and interviews with eight different locksmiths, security experts and bolt manufacturers, they are confident that the Schlage B60N single cylinder bolt is the best bolt for most people.
How does smart lock work?
A smart lock is an electromechanical lock designed to perform door locking and unlocking operations when it receives such instructions from an authorized device using a wireless protocol and a cryptographic key to complete the authorization process.
What is a smart door lock?
Simple smart door lock is a kind of locking mechanism with three main features. First of all, a physical key is not always required. People can provide secure access quickly and easily (programmability).
Can you lock an app on Android?
This doesn't mean you can't use App Lock in addition to the lock code on your device to provide an extra layer of security for your information. App Lock, available for free on Android Market, allows you to set a lock code or pattern for any application to prevent unwanted access to any application you think is private.
What is smart lock on Android?
Google Smart Lock, also known as Android Smart Lock, is a useful set of features found in Android Lollipop. This solves the problem of having to constantly unlock your phone after it has been idle so that you can customize scenarios where your phone can be safely unlocked for an extended period of time.
What are the features of a smart lock?
Biometrics is at the forefront of smart lock technology, providing powerful and unique identification. Biometrics refers to any locking system (mainly door locks) that uses a person's unique physical characteristics, such as fingerprints, hand geometry, eye or voice scans, to verify their identity to gain access to a door.
What do you need to know about smart locks?
A smart lock is a device that can be opened wirelessly without a physical key. All you need is to connect to the Internet via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. You have the option to unlock it automatically with your remote control, pressing a button, with your smartphone or with a user code on the numeric keypad.
What are the benefits of a smart lock?
Temporary access. Smart locks can store multiple codes. This way you determine who has access to your home and when. You can let your family, friends or even dog owners in by simply sending them virtual keys.
Are smart locks really safe?
The question of whether smart locks are secure is relatively easy to answer. Anyway, as long as you buy a good one, don't give too many people access and never lock yourself in during a power outage. Like any security device, these locks are as secure as you make them.