Skill

Skill,

Definition of Skill:

1. An ability and capacity acquired through deliberate, systematic, and sustained effort to smoothly and adaptively carryout complex activities or job functions involving ideas (cognitive skills), things (technical skills), and/or people (interpersonal skills). See also competence.

Synonyms of Skill

Mnemosyne, Ability, Accomplishment, Adeptness, Adroitness, Affect memory, Anterograde memory, Aptitude, Art, Artistry, Ascendancy, Atavism, Capability, Cleverness, Collective memory, Command, Computer memory, Craft, Cunning, Deanship, Deftness, Dexterity, Dexterousness, Disk memory, Drum memory, Ease, Emotional response, Engram, Excellence, Experience, Expertise, Expertism, Expertness, Facility, Faculty, Favor, Finesse, Forte, Gift, Greatness, Handiness, Incomparability, Information storage, Ingenuity, Inimitability, Kinesthetic memory, Knack, Know-how, Lead, Majority, Mastership, Mastery, Mechanics, Mechanism, Memory, Memory bank, Memory circuit, Memory trace, Method, Mind, Mneme, One-upmanship, Precedence, Predominance, Predomination, Preeminence, Preponderance, Prepotence, Prepotency, Prerogative, Prestige, Priority, Privilege, Proficiency, Prowess, Quickness, Race memory, Readiness, Recollection, Remembrance, Right-of-way, Science, Screen memory, Seniority, Skillfulness, Sleight, Souvenir, Strength, Success, Superiority, Talent, Tape memory, Technic, Technical know-how, Technical knowledge, Technical skill, Technics, Technique, Technology, Transcendence, Transcendency, Verbal response, Virtuosity, Visual memory

How to use Skill in a sentence?

1. He had a tremendous amount of skill for the sport and that made him even more attractive to the pro teams that were scouting him.
  2. The skill of the applicant was high as he had years of experience working as a systems administrator for a law firm.
  3. I have used many skill s at my current job, but my favorite is programming equipment that has not been used at our facility before.

Meaning of Skill & Skill Definition