Definition of Silicon Valley:
A global center of technological innovation, Silicon Valley as a phrase refers to the industry and the companies that call it home, as well as to an innovative mindset/entrepreneurial spirit, and a lifestyle founded on technologically based wealth.
A name given to an area between San Jose and Palo Alto in Santa Clara County, California, noted for its computing and electronics industries.
Region in San Francisco, California that is considered to be the technology hub of the United States. The region is made up a number of computer companies and computer chip manufactures. The region gets its nickname from the silicon that is used in computer chips. Due to the demand for space in Silicon Valley, real estate and other property is very expensive and hard to find.
Silicon Valley refers to a region in the South San Francisco Bay Area, made notable by the number of technology companies that started and are headquartered there, including Apple, Alphabet/Google, Facebook, and Netflix. The term rose to prominence in the 1970s in reference to the regional businesses' development of and technological reliance on the silicon transistor, used in all modern microprocessors.
How to use Silicon Valley in a sentence?
- Silicon Valley and the people living there make it their home, and they feel they are doing Gods work as they have discourse with the super intelligent machines that add to our humanness.
- Silicon Valley is one of the wealthiest regions in the world.
- New ideas are coming out of silicon valley all the time and your company must be able to keep up with all of the latest.
- Before we left California, my brother wanted to show me silicon valley and he laughed at me when I told him what I thought it meant.
- Named for the main material in computer microprocessors, Silicon Valley is home to dozens of major software and internet companies.
- Silicon Valley, located in the South San Francisco Bay Area, is a global center of technological innovation.
Meaning of Silicon Valley & Silicon Valley Definition