Definition of Screening:
A showing of a movie, video, or television program.
The evaluation or investigation of something as part of a methodical survey, to assess suitability for a particular role or purpose.
Evaluating a large number of subjects to identify those with a particular set of attributes or characteristics.
Refuse separated by sieving grain.
Synonyms of Screening
Broadcast, Transmission, Televising, Showing, Relaying, Telecast, Dissemination, Trial, Experiment, Pilot study, Try-out
How to use Screening in a sentence?
- Filmgoers were shut out in droves from the films many screenings in Cannes.
- You should have a thorough screening process before you bring anyone new into your company so you know what you are getting.
- Nowhere is drug screening more common than in the federal criminal justice system.
- You should put out a big screening process when trying to hire some new applicants at your place of work.
- I was invited to the opening screening of the film which made me really happy because I was such a strong supporter of it.
Meaning of Screening & Screening Definition