| To copy files between your computer and your instance, you can use an FTP service such as FileZilla or the scp command, which stands for backup. To use scp with a key pair, use the following command: scp in the path / to / keyfile / to / copy.
Uploading and Downloading Files to Your Amazon AWS EC2 Instance
- Step 1: Install and open FileZilla.
- Step 2: Go to Edit-> Preferences-> SFTP.
- Step 3: On the FileZilla website, enter the host information (public IP address, Elastic IP address or public DNS) and enter the username in the provided field. (Username varies depending on the image.
Password Authentication for AWS ec2
- Step 1: Connect to the server with the SSH client of your choice with the private key.
- Step 2: Open the sshd_config.
- Step 3: Find the line with the PasswordAuthentication parameter and change the value from no to yes
- Step 4: Set a password for the user using the passwd command with the username.
Connect using the Amazon EC2 console
- Open the Amazon EC2 console.
- Select Instances in the left navigation pane and select the instance you want to connect to.
- Choose Connect.
- On the Connect Instance page, select EC2 Instance Connect (browser based SSH connection), Connect.
- Sign in to the AWS console.
- Click the entry associated with the EC2 service.
- In the left pane, click Security Groups.
- Click the Create Security Group button.
- An overlay opens.
- Putin any name and description.
- Click the Inbound tab, then click Add Rule.
- Here you add which port should accept connections.
Copy a file between two remote systems using the scp command
Transferring files from Windows to an Amazon EC2 instance
Moving Data Between S3 and EC2 Instances
Upload and Download Files
Connection via browser
To copy files from a local system to a remote server, or from a remote server to the local system, we can use the scp command. scp stands for Secure Copy and is a command to copy files via the terminal.
How to Download Files and Folders from Amazon S3
WinSCP (Windows Secure Copy) is a free and open source SFTP, FTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3 and SCP client for Microsoft Windows. Its main function is to securely transfer files between a local computer and a remote computer.
Open WinSCP and enter the public IP address of the EC2 host in the Host Name field. Enter the root in the Username field. Double click on Advanced and go to SSH and then Authentication. In the private key file, select the button with embedded dots and select the private key you converted to putty format, then click OK.
To connect to an Amazon EC2 instance running Filezilla:
Step 2. Open FileZilla
Open Amazon EC2 Console
How SSH works is to use a client-server model to allow authentication of two external systems and encryption of data transferred between them. Arrange the secure connection by authenticating the client and, if authentication is successful, opening the corresponding shell environment.
Secure Shell (SSH) is a cryptographic network protocol for securely running network services over an unsecured network. The standard TCP port for SSH is 22. SSH is most commonly used to log into Unix-like operating systems, but can also be used on Microsoft Windows. Windows 10 uses OpenSSH as the default SSH client.
by Eric Hammond
To get a temporary root password to run a task, do the following:
Open the Amazon EC2 console below