Definition of Safety:
The condition of being protected from or unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury.
Relative freedom from danger, risk, or threat of harm, injury, or loss to personnel and/or property, whether caused deliberately or by accident. See also security.
A defensive back who normally is positioned well behind the line of scrimmage.
Synonyms of Safety
Aegis, Arm guard, Assurance, Backstop, Buffer, Bulwark, Bumper, Contraceptive, Copyright, Cover, Crash helmet, Cushion, Dashboard, Defense, Dodger, Eye, Face mask, Fender, Finger guard, Foot guard, Fuse, Goggles, Governor, Guard, Guardrail, Hand guard, Handrail, Hard hat, Helmet, Impregnability, Insulation, Interlock, Inviolability, Invulnerability, Knee guard, Knuckle guard, Laminated glass, Lee, Life preserver, Lifeline, Lightning conductor, Lightning rod, Mask, Mudguard, Nose guard, Pad, Padding, Palladium, Patent, Pilot, Preservation, Preventive, Prophylactic, Protection, Protective clothing, Protective custody, Protective umbrella, Refuge, Safeguard, Safekeeping, Safeness, Safety glass, Safety plug, Safety rail, Safety shoes, Safety switch, Safety valve, Sanctuary, Screen, Seat belt, Security, Shade, Shadow, Shelter, Shield, Shin guard, Sun helmet, Umbrella, Watchful eye, Windscreen, Windshield, Welfare, Well-being, Protection, Security
How to use Safety in a sentence?
- Moss presence also helps the running game because defenses often keep safeties deep to account for him.
- While we were in the facility, we had to make sure to follow the safety rules that the company had set for us.
- You need to make sure that you have a good safety team in your warehouse so people are not putting themselves at risk.
- They should leave for their own safety.
- The safety of everyone involved is of the utmost importance so we implemented new regulations that protected all of our employees.
Meaning of Safety & Safety Definition