Safe deposit box

Safe deposit box,

Definition of Safe deposit box:

1. A safe deposit box (or safety deposit box) is an individually secured container—usually a metal box—that stays in the safe or vault of a federally insured bank or credit union. Safe deposit boxes are used to keep valuables, important documents, and sentimental keepsakes protected. Customers rely on the security of the building and vault to safeguard their contents.

2. When you rent a safe deposit box, the bank gives you a key to use, in tandem with a second “guard key” held by a bank employee, to access the box. If your bank uses a keyless system, you will scan your finger or hand instead. Either way, you will have to provide some type of identification—and your key, if it’s not a keyless system—every time you visit the bank to access the box.

3. A secure box or safe for storing valuable items; specifically one of several, each for the use of a particular person, in a vault in a bank or other facility.

4. Strong storage container maintained in the vault area of a bank and rented to bank customers for safekeeping of valuables. These boxes are said to be impervious to fire, flood, and theft, and their contents are covered by the banks insurer. Access to individual boxes is secured through two different keys: one kept by the customer, the other by the bank.

How to use Safe deposit box in a sentence?

1. I was frightened by keeping valuables at home so we got a safe deposit box and I am sleeping better.
  2. Safe deposit boxes are especially useful for people who are uncomfortable storing things in a digital environment.
  3. Safe deposit boxes are designed to withstand natural disasters such as fires, floods, hurricanes, and tornadoes.
  4. The only copy of an important document should never be stored in a safe deposit box.
  5. I had to make sure the safe deposit box was okay, or something might happen to it and then I would get in trouble.
  6. It is wise to have a co-lessor for a safe deposit box. .
  7. You may want to rent a safe deposit box and store your valuables inside so that you can always know they are ok.

Meaning of Safe deposit box & Safe deposit box Definition