Definition of Robust:
General: Product, process, or system designed for continuous operation with very low downtime, failure rate, variability, and very high insensitivity to a continually changing external environment.
In the world of investing, robust is a characteristic describing a model's, test's, or system's ability to perform effectively while its variables or assumptions are altered. A robust concept will operate without failure and produce positive results under a variety of conditions.
Statistics: Procedure or test that is largely unaffected by departures from assumptions on which it is based.
For statistics, a test is robust if it still provides insight into a problem despite having its assumptions altered or violated. In economics, robustness is attributed to financial markets that continue to perform despite alterations in market conditions. In general, a system is robust if it can handle variability and remain effective.
Synonyms of Robust
Able-bodied, Active, Acute, Aggressive, Animated, Athletic, Beefy, Booming, Bouncing, Brawny, Brisk, Doughty, Dynamic, Energetic, Enterprising, Enthusiastic, Fit, Flavorful, Flush, Forceful, Forcible, Forcy, Fruity, Full of pep, Full-blooded, Full-bodied, Full-strength, Go-go, Gutsy, Gutty, Hale, Hale and hearty, Hard, Hard as nails, Hardy, Healthy, Hearty, Hefty, Husky, Impetuous, Incisive, Intense, Iron-hard, Keen, Kinetic, Lively, Living, Lusty, Mettlesome, Mighty, Muscular, Nervy, Nutty, Obstinate, Peppy, Potent, Powerful, Prospering, Prosperous, Puissant, Pungent, Red-blooded, Rich, Roaring, Robustious, Robustuous, Rude, Rugged, Sapid, Sinewy, Smacking, Snappy, Sound, Spanking, Spirited, Stalwart, Staunch, Steely, Stout, Strapping, Strenuous, Strong, Strong as brandy, Strong as strong, Strong-willed, Sturdy, Take-charge, Take-over, Thrifty, Thriving, Tough, Trenchant, Vibrant, Vigorous, Vital, Vivacious, Vivid, Well-knit, Zestful, Zesty, Zip, Zippy
How to use Robust in a sentence?
- Kevin was released from the hospital soon after the accident and his friends were relieved to see him looking cheerful, robust and healthy.
- The Farmers Market maintained robust support from the community, due to the high quality food products provided by its vendors.
- In business, models are often used to focus on a company's fundamentals, like revenues and earnings.
- If a trading system does not deliver positive results over different time frames or during changing market conditions, it is not robust.
- Robust models deliver positive results despite changing market conditions.
- Financial models are used in portfolio management, building trading systems, and to calculate the value of derivative contracts.
- This vehicle must be robust . If it isnt strong then our customers will risk dying out there in the jungle from unreliability.
Meaning of Robust & Robust Definition