Retrenchment

Retrenchment,

Definition of Retrenchment:

1. Forced lay-off of employees by a firm, usually to cut down its payroll.

Synonyms of Retrenchment

Abbreviation, Abridgment, Abstract, Apocope, Arrest, Arrestation, Attrition, Check, Cheeseparing, Compression, Condensation, Conspectus, Constraint, Control, Cooling, Cooling down, Cooling off, Curb, Curtailment, Cut, Cutback, Cutting, Deceleration, Decrease, Decrement, Depletion, Depreciation, Derogation, Detraction, Diminution, Dip, Disparagement, Economization, Economizing, Elision, Ellipsis, Epitome, Extraction, Foreshortening, Hindrance, Impairment, Inhibition, Injunction, Interdict, Legal restraint, Lessening, Low growth rate, Monopoly, Precis, Prohibition, Protection, Protectionism, Protective tariff, Pullback, Rationing, Recap, Recapitulation, Reduction, Reduction of expenses, Reduction of spending, Rein, Remission, Restraint, Restraint of trade, Retardation, Retraction, Rollback, Saving, Scraping, Scrimping, Self-control, Shortening, Shrinkage, Skimping, Slowdown, Slowing down, Sparing, Summary, Summation, Syncope, Synopsis, Tariff wall, Telescoping, Thought control, Truncation

How to use Retrenchment in a sentence?

1. I was worried about retrenchment because I did not wanna be fired and I didnt want any of my friends to be fired either.
  2. In order to keep the company from going bankrupt, a retrenchment was introduced to cut down the number of employees to save money on salaries paid.
  3. The retrenchment was unexpected by the employees but they knew it was a possibility from the very beginning of working there.

Meaning of Retrenchment & Retrenchment Definition