Definition of Resume:
Formal presentation of a job applicants education, skills, and work experience.
A resume is a formal document that a job applicant creates to itemize his or her qualifications for a position. A resume is usually accompanied by a customized cover letter in which the applicant expresses an interest in a specific job or company and draws attention to the most relevant specifics on the resume.
American job coaches insist that a resume should be only one or two pages in length. British job applicants traditionally are expected to produce a somewhat more detailed document, called a CV (curriculum vitae).
Begin to do or pursue (something) again after a pause or interruption.
Synonyms of Resume
Clio, Muse of history, Adventures, Annals, Autobiography, Battologize, Begin again, Biographical sketch, Biography, Carry on, Case history, Chronicle, Chronicles, Chronology, Come again, Come up again, Confessions, Continue, Copy, Core, Critique, Curriculum vitae, Diary, Dwelling upon, Echo, Elaboration, Epitome, Essence, Experiences, Fill, Fortunes, Get back, Gist, Give an encore, Go back, Go back to, Go on, Go over, Go through, Going over, Hagiography, Hagiology, Have another shot, Have another try, Historiography, History, Iterate, Iteration, Journal, Keep coming, Keep up, Legend, Life, Life and letters, Life story, Main point, Martyrology, Meat, Memoir, Memoirs, Memorabilia, Memorial, Memorials, Necrology, Obituary, Pad, Photobiography, Pick up, Pith, Practice, Practicing, Profile, Ransom, Reaffirm, Reaffirmation, Reappear, Reassert, Rebegin, Recap, Recapitulate, Recapitulation, Recapture, Recital, Recite, Reclaim, Recommence, Record, Recount, Recountal, Recounting, Recoup, Recover, Recuperate, Recur, Redeem, Reenter, Regain, Rehash, Rehearsal, Rehearse, Reissue, Reiterate, Reiteration, Renew, Renovate, Reoccupy, Reoccur, Reopen, Repeat, Replevin, Replevy, Repossess, Reprint, Resound, Restate, Restatement, Restore, Retail, Retake, Retell, Retelling, Retrieve, Return, Return to, Reverberate, Revert, Review, Revindicate, Revive, Reword, Run over, Run-through, Rundown, Say over, Say over again, Start all over, Story, Substance, Sum, Sum and substance, Sum up, Summarize, Summary, Summation, Summing up, Summing-up, Take back, Take up, Take up again, Tautologize, Theory of history, Restart, Recommence, Begin again, Start again, Reopen
How to use Resume in a sentence?
- Resumes are now sent by email, not snail mail.
- The traditional one- to two-page limit stands, but nothing prevents you from attaching a brief video introduction or other illustration if it is relevant and enhances your presentation.
- It's smart to rewrite your resume to tailor it to a specific job you're seeking.
- A good resume should consist of your special skills, past experiences and your level of education; if a company likes what you have to offer they just might higher you.
- Katies resume included both her charity work and her internship at a local marketing firm, which enabled her to get the job.
- A day later normal service was resumed.
- I brought my job resume to my interview so that the interviewer could look at my previous experience to judge if I was right for the job.
Meaning of Resume & Resume Definition