Reset network settings

Reset network settings

What happens if I reset network settings? Resetting the network settings will return all network settings to their original state. For reference, they refer to how they will look and work on a new device or if you completely reset the device (factory reset). Resetting network settings will affect your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, and cellular connections.

How do I factory reset the network settings?

Open Settings on your PC by clicking the Start menu and then the Settings icon. You can also use the Windows Key + I keyboard shortcut to open Settings. Go to Network & Internet. Select Status in the left sidebar. You will be asked to confirm your decision to reset network settings.

What does it mean to reset network settings?

Resetting your network settings is simply a way to return your network to its original (factory) settings. It's basically a way to start from scratch, so it's a great way to fix many of your device's network problems.

How do I Reset my network settings to default?

Select Settings > Network & Wi-Fi. Click the "Reset network settings to default" button. Confirm by clicking the "OK" button in the pop-up window. This will reset the device to its default network settings and may take up to 5 minutes.

Iphone network settings

How do you restart a network?

1. Open Settings and click/tap the Network & Internet icon. 2. Click/tap "Status" on the left and click/tap the reset network settings link on the right. 3. Click/tap the "Reset Now" button. 4. Click/tap Yes to confirm. 5. You will be notified that your computer will restart automatically in 5 minutes.

How do I Reset My network settings on my iPhone?

In the Settings app, tap General. On the General Settings page, click Reset. On the Reset page, click Reset Network Settings. If you have set a password, you will be prompted to enter it.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What are my network settings?

• Stands. This tab shows the status of the network whether or not you are connected to the network.
  • Wireless connection. Search for available networks and connect to the desired wireless network.
  • ethernet. Here you can define and view the Ethernet settings.
  • Enter the number. Set up a dial-up or broadband Internet connection.
  • VPN.
  • Flight mode.
  • Mobile access point.
  • Use of data.
  • Proxy.

:brown_circle: What happens if you restart your computer?

When you start or restart your computer, it generates a restart pulse that reboots and completely erases everything in main memory. The address bus is also reset. The first few addresses on your computer are reserved for the BIOS, and the BIOS can only be accessed before the operating system starts.

:brown_circle: What happens when you reset network settings on iphone

Resetting network settings on your iPhone will revert all network settings back to their default state. Your network settings will be restored to the state they were in when you first purchased the device. Resetting network settings affects network settings such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN and cellular connections.

How do you change the network settings on an iPhone?

1. Launch the Settings application from your iPhone's home screen. 2. Tap General. 3. Scroll down to touch Reset. It appears last on the General screen. 4. Click "Reset Network Settings" and you will be prompted to enter a passcode. Finally, click on Reset Network Settings. That's all.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Why would you reset network settings?

Resetting your network settings is simply a way to return your network to its original (factory) settings. It's basically a way to start from scratch, so it's a great way to fix many of your device's network problems.

What happens when you reset network settings on phone

Resetting network settings will affect your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, and cellular connections. Basically, you have to adjust it all over again. Let's take a look at them one by one and see what it will affect. Wi-Fi is one of the main annoying reasons to reset network settings.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What happens when I Reset my WiFi router?

Resetting the router will reboot the router, change its settings, and remove any custom settings. This means that when the software is returned to its default state, the wireless settings, custom DNS servers, and any port forwarding settings previously entered will be cleared.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What does it mean to reset network settings on ipad

1. Factory reset iPad with iTunes. First, you need to connect your iPad to your computer with a USB cable. You can select the iPad device in iTunes. Then in the "Summary" section, you can click the "Restore" option. You need to click "Restore" again to confirm that you want to restore the selected device to factory settings.

How do I Forget network on my iPad?

To make your iPad forget wireless technology: From the Home screen, tap Settings. Tap Wi-Fi, find the wireless network the iPad should forget, then tap the blue arrow next to the network name. Click Forget this network.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I Reset my iPad network?

To reset iPad network settings, go to Settings by tapping the icon and selecting General from the list on the left. The iPad's restart option is at the bottom of the general settings list. Touch it to go to the factory reset screen. In this screen, select "Reset Network Settings".

How do you factory reset iPad without iTunes?

Let's see how to factory reset iPad using Settings without iTunes: go to Settings app on iPad and click on General. Then press the reset button. Click Erase All Content and Settings, then select Backup, then Erase or Erase Now, as appropriate.

Where do I find Network Reset in Windows 10?

If you have Windows 10, open the Settings app by clicking the gear icon in the Start menu. Click Network and Internet. A status page should open, but if not, click Status from the menu at the top of the left pane. Scroll to the right until you see Network Reset. Click on it and you will see a reset button.

How to do a factory reset on an at & T phone?

In this guide you will learn how to: 1 reboot the device 2 reboot the device 3 reset the network settings 4 perform a factory reset 5 perform another master reset.

:brown_circle: How do I Reset my Phone to factory settings?

To factory reset your device, swipe down with two fingers from the notification shade, then select the Settings icon > scroll to and select System > Reset options > Clear all data (factory reset) > Clear all data > Select again Clear all data to confirm. Remark. Factory reset returns the device to factory settings.

How do you reset all settings on an iPhone?

Here's how to reset all settings on your iPhone. If you've been working too hard with the Settings app, or just want to reset your settings to factory defaults, there's an easy way to reset them. Launch the Settings app from the home screen. Tap General. Click Reset. Is under. Click Reset all settings.

:brown_circle: What does reset all settings do on iPhone?

Resetting all settings is one way to fix minor issues with your iPhone. As the term suggests, resetting all settings will only return your iPhone settings to their original state. Resetting all settings on your iPhone will only change the settings, but your documents, files, and applications will remain intact and will not be lost.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do you reset your iPad back to factory settings?

Step 1 Go to your iPad and click Settings.
Step 2 Select General and then select Reset at the bottom of the list.
Step 3 You can select "Reset All Settings" or "Erase All Content and Settings" from the reset list at the top. It will then reset the system of your choice and restore the iPad to factory settings. An advertisement!

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Can I reset the iPad to factory settings?

Use iTunes to factory reset iPad. Open iTunes and connect the iPad or other iDevice. Select your device icon when it appears in iTunes, tap or click Browse in the preferences window. In the right pane, click or tap "Restore iPad" (or a specific iDevice) and click "Restore" to confirm.

How do you return to factory settings on iPad?

To factory reset iPad, open the Settings app and tap General. Then scroll through the menu and tap Reset. In the Reset menu, click Clear All Content and Settings. You will be asked to enter your iPad password and confirm your decision by clicking "Clear".

:brown_circle: How do i factory reset the network settings windows 10

Clean and reset network adapters in settings. 1. Open Settings and click/tap the Network & Internet icon. 2. Click/tap "Status" on the left and click/tap the reset network settings link on the right. (see screenshot below) 3. Click/tap the Reset Now button.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to reset wireless settings?

How to manually reset your WiFi adapter in Windows Method 1 of 4: Turn your WiFi adapter off and on again. Right click on the Start button. Method 2/4: Reset all NICs in Windows 10. Right click on the Start button. Method 3 of 4: Reset all network adapters from the command line. Method 4 of 4 Uninstall and reinstall the wireless driver.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I restart my network adapter?

The easiest way to reset a network card is to turn off the computer and then physically disconnect the device from the motherboard. This can be done not only to reboot the device but also to check for possible problems due to a problem with the port connecting the card to the motherboard.

:brown_circle: How to restart the entire network?

• Turn everything off. Turn off all computers, printers, hard drives, modems, switches, routers, and hubs. Everything is connected to the network
  • Turn on your broadband modem and wait for it to work properly. The modem takes some time to find the signal and the extension. chats
  • Turn on your router. Wait for the router to boot and be happy.
  • Turn on the switch on your router while it is plugged in.
  • Turn on the computer connected to the network. Let the computer boot normally. Observe network errors if necessary.

How do you reset the factory settings on a MacBook Pro?

How to safely reset your MacBook Pro: Connect an external storage device to your MacBook Pro, click the Apple logo, click System Preferences, click Time Machine, click Select Backup Drive, select the storage you want to connect, and click Have Disk. will start the backup process.

How can I restore my MacBook Pro to factory settings?

Reset your MacBook Pro to factory settings.
Step 1 Click on the Apple menu in the top bar and select the Restart option.
Step 2 When you restart your MacBook Pro, press Commen and R at the same time when you hear the Apple startup tone.
Step 3 Release the Commen and R buttons when the Apple logo appears on the screen.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I completely reset my MacBook Pro?

Steps: How to Reset Macbook Pro.
Step 1 : Restart your Macbook while holding the Command + R keys.
Step 2 : Opens the OS X utilities. From there, select "Disk Utility" and click the "Next" button.
Step 3 : A list of your hard drives will appear on your screen. Select the Macintosh HD drive and click the Erase tab.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to reset MacBook to the factory setting?

How to factory reset Mac in recovery mode. To access the options to wipe data and reinstall the operating system, you need to open macOS recovery. Delete your data. Reinstall and repair.

How do I Reset my WiFi on my Android phone?

Using Android, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Open the Settings app. Scroll down and tap System. Touch Reset settings. Tap Reset Wi-Fi, cell phone and Bluetooth. Click Reset Settings. Click Reset Settings.

What happens when you reset Windows 10 computer?

Basically, when you restart Windows 10, Windows 10 reinstalls itself. This solves many problems, especially file corruption on the computer. You can go to Settings > Update & Security > Restore Recovery, or run in Advanced Recovery Mode, or use a recovery disc or installation media if all else fails.

Open settings

What is the best way to reinstall Windows 10?

• Perform a reset through the Windows settings.
  • Reinstall by rebooting from installation media such as a bootable DVD or USB drive.
  • Reinstall from Windows using the installation media.

:brown_circle: What to do after Windows 10 reset?

Type ① in the Windows search bar and search for ②. Click ③. Select ④. Select ⑤. Click ⑥. Set to Yes⑦ and then select ⑧. Make sure the settings are correct, then select ⑨.

How do you reset computer to original factory settings?

To factory reset your HP computer, start the computer, press F11 during startup, and follow the on-screen instructions. Restore your computer to its original factory settings using information from an experienced software developer in this free computer video.

:brown_circle: How do i reset my network settings to default on mac

To factory reset your computer, do the following: 1. Hold down Command + R while your Mac boots into OS X Recovery and opens Disk Utility. 2. Select Macintosh HD in the sidebar, click the Erase tab and erase the data from the drive. 3. Close Disk Utility and reinstall OS X.

Iphone contacts missing

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to forget a network on Mac?

Forget the Mac network. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Network. Select Wi-Fi from the list on the left. Click the Advanced button. A list of preferred networks will be displayed in the WiFi section. Choose the Wi-Fi network you want your Mac to forget. Click the Delete button below the list. When prompted for confirmation, click Remove. Click OK.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to setup my Mac?

1) On a Mac, choose Apple > System Preferences and do one of the following: macOS Catalina - Click your Apple ID, then click macOS or earlier - Click iCloud. Enter your Apple ID when prompted to sign in. If you don't have one, click Create Apple ID and follow the instructions. 2) If Find My Mac is turned off.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I Reset my Mac to factory settings?

Steps to Factory Reset Mac or Clean Mac for Sale
Step 1 : Restart Mac OS X that you want to restore to factory settings.
Step 2 : then select Disk Utility and click Next.
Step 3 : Select the startup disk and use the "Erase" option to erase it.
Step 4 : Set a startup name for your hard drive and click the "Erase" button again.

:brown_circle: How to recover data after restoring Mac to factory settings?

Recover Lost Data After Mac Factory Restore Select the file types you want to recover. By default, this software finds all types of lost files. Select the hard drive you want to scan. Select Mac HD or Apple SSD, click the Scan button to scan your hard drive for lost data. Preview and recover lost data after scanning.

What does it mean to reset network settings on iphone

If you don't see or search for the service on your iPhone or iPad. Check your coverage area. Make sure you are within range of a cellular network. Restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart your device. Check the updated carrier settings. Remove the SIM card. Reset your network settings. Update your iPhone or iPad.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to reset networking settings on iPhone?

To reset network settings on iPhone: On your iPhone, tap the Settings app. Tap General. Scroll down to find Reset and click on it. In the new window, select Reset network settings and confirm the action.

How to reset network setting on iPhone ?

Reset network settings on iPhone. Launch the Settings app on the iPhone, a gray icon with gears on the icon, along with the settings listed under the app icon. In the settings, the General button should be visible without having to scroll through the city. Click General and scroll down to the new window. The bottom option on the General tab is Reset. When you get to the "Reset" tab, click on the third option from the top under "Reset Network Settings". Once you click the "Reset Network Settings" button, iOS will ask for your device password, if you have one. Otherwise, the user does.

:brown_circle: What does it mean to reset network settings on fire tablet

Resetting the network settings will return all network settings to their original state. For reference, they refer to how they will look and work on a new device or if you completely reset the device (factory reset). Resetting network settings will affect your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, and cellular connections.

How to set up voicemail on iphone 11

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What are the settings on my Fire tablet?

A tablet like the Fire has numerous settings to help you control your tablet. Touch Wireless network quick settings to access settings for managing Bluetooth networks and connections, such as a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse.

How do I Reset my Amazon Fire tablet?

If you reboot due to a technical error, try a simple reboot first. First, open the Settings app by finding it on your home screen or by swiping down twice from the top of the screen and tapping the gear icon in the shadow notification. Then scroll down and select Device Options.

What happens when you reset your network settings?

Let's start. Resetting the network settings will return all network settings to their original state. For reference, they refer to how they will look and work on a new device or if you completely reset the device (factory reset). Resetting network settings will affect your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, and cellular connections.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I reset the network settings on my Android phone?

Enter your PIN, password, fingerprint, or other form of authentication for the lock screen, then tap Reset Settings again to confirm. Once done, your Android device's network settings will be reset to their defaults and you'll need to restart your device for the changes to take effect.

Is there a way to Reset my network settings?

Like the Windows troubleshooter, Microsoft has a self-service network reset tool in the Windows settings menu. This will reset your network adapters and other network settings and protocols, such as the TCP/IP stack needed to connect your PC to other devices.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I Reset my printer to factory settings?

Click the settings button. Press the right arrow until you see Device Options, then press OK. Press the right arrow until you see Reset Settings, then press OK. Press the right arrow until you see LAN Settings, then press OK. Press the left arrow to select Yes, then press OK. The printer's LAN settings are reset to the factory defaults.

:brown_circle: Why do I have to Reset My network settings on my iPhone?

Resetting your network settings will surely fix your outage problem. Sometimes iPhone users cannot make or receive calls from their iPhone. This happens if you accidentally activate airplane mode. Deactivating solves the problem.

:brown_circle: How do I change the discoverable mode of my Network?

To change the network discovery mode to private, go to Windows Settings (Windows key + I). Then go to Network & Internet > Wi-Fi. On the WLAN page, click Manage Known Network Settings. Then click on your network and click on the Properties box.

Ps4 Cannot Connect To Server

:brown_circle: How do i reset my network settings to default browser

Open Chrome on your computer. Click "Advanced Settings" in the top right corner. Click on "Advanced" at the bottom. Chromebooks, Linux, and Mac: Under Reset settings, click Reset settings to original defaults Reset settings.

How do I restore my default browser settings?

Google Chrome has an option that resets to defaults. To find this option, click the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner of the browser window and select Preferences. Start typing "Reset Settings" in the search box.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How I can reset my settings to default?

• First, click on the "Support Center" option in the lower right corner of the window. And click on all configuration options there.
  • Now scroll down and select the Update & Security option in the Windows Settings dialog box.
  • Now select the Recovery tab in the left pane.

How do I restart my browser?

To do this, open the Internet Explorer desktop application, click the gear icon in the top right corner of the browser window, and select Internet Options from the drop-down menu. Click the Advanced tab and then click Reset at the bottom.

How do I change the default browser?

1. Click the three dots icon in the top right corner. 2. Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu. 3. In the General area, under Default browser, click Change my default. 4. Scroll down in the Settings app to Web Browser.

How to setup network settings?

Configuring the network settings In Control Panel, select Settings and then System. Select Network Settings. When prompted to select a wireless network, do the following. Otherwise, skip to the step to enter your Wi-Fi password and select Done. The console will automatically try to connect to Xbox Live. Remark. If you don't see the name, select "Configure network". Select Wireless on the General tab. Remark. When the wireless connection is not available and you are using a wireless N connection.

How do I check my wireless network settings?

How to access your wireless router's settings Find the IP address of your router. You connect to the firmware of your router via a browser. Username and password. You have requested a username and password to access your router's firmware. Change your router settings. Change the router connection. Check the WiFi password.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I Find my Network key?

Find the network security key in Windows 10. In Windows 10, go to Start and select the Settings option. Select "Network and Internet" from the list. Select a connected network and then select the Connect option. Use the search box at the top to find "View network connections" and you should select it.

How do you change network settings?

Change the network card settings. Press Windows Key + X and go to Device Manager. In the "Network adapters" section you will see all available adapters. Right click on the adapter you are using and select the desired action.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do i reset my network settings to default windows 10

To reset network settings in Windows 10, right click on the Start menu and select the Settings option. In the Windows Settings window, click Network & Internet > Status. In the Status menu, click Network Reset to start the network reset process.

:brown_circle: How can I recover my default settings?

In the Personalization menu, click Desktop. Check the box next to each display option that you want to reset. After selecting all the options, click on "Configure" and then click on "Restore Defaults".

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to find Wi-Fi settings in Windows 10?

To access Wi-Fi settings in Windows 10, users can click the Start button, click Settings, then Network & Internet. The options menu appears on the left. For computers using wireless network connections, a WLAN entry is added to the list on the left.

My wifi is not working

How do I reset my modem to default settings?

A hard factory reset resets your modem to its default settings and may resolve the following issues: The preferred method of resetting your modem is to enter the user settings interface. If this is not possible, you can do this manually using the reset button on the back of the modem.

How to change the default network connection in Windows 10?

Change the default network connection in Windows 10. 2 - Select "Change adapter settings" from the menu in the left column. The network connections screen should open. 3 - Press the Alt key to open the "File Menu". 4 - Click on Advanced and then select Advanced Settings from the drop-down menu.

What happens when you do a modem reset?

It also removes any custom settings you've changed, including static IP settings, DNS, custom password, Wi-Fi settings, routing, and DHCP settings. If you have any custom settings, you can back up your settings before resetting your modem and restore them after the reset is complete.

How do I Reset my router admin password?

Restart the router and change the router's administrator password. To do this, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. REMARK. Factory reset will also reset the router password. The router's default password is "admin", as well as the username, leave it blank.

How to reset iphone 6

:brown_circle: What should the default password be on my router?

The router's default password is "admin", as well as the username, leave it blank. IMPORTANT: Make sure the router's power light blinks when you press the reset button. This means that the router has successfully rebooted.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to change your WiFi modem or WiFi gateway network password?

Admin Password: (found on the gateway label). Reset the password when using WiFi tethering or WiFi gateway. If the username and password combination doesn't work, you can reset it by pressing the reset button on the back of the modem, which takes seven seconds.

Is there a way to reset the TCP / IP?

To manually reset TCP/IP, do the following: Enter CMD from the main screen. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator. Restart your computer. To open a command prompt, select Start and type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

How to reset the IP address in netsh?

In the Open box, type the following command and press ENTER: netsh int ip reset If you do not want to specify the directory path for the log file, run the following command instead: netsh int ip reset. Restart your computer.

Why is my Windows XP network so slow?

Corrupt network or WinSock (Windows socket interface) problems in Windows XP caused by missing registry entries. Lost or slow connection issues due to adware and spyware removal tools during cleanup. Installation of programs or tools that change network and Winsock settings. Issues with updates and fixes from Microsoft.

How to fix Windows XP with Winsock XP fix?

Run WinSock XP Fix by following these steps: 1 Download WinSox XP Fix to your desktop and click to launch the program (no installation required). 2 After opening the utility, you have two options: "Repair" or "ReGBackup" (a registry backup).

:brown_circle: How do I Reset my fan's network settings?

• Press and hold the fan speed increase and decrease buttons for 5 seconds.
  • The LED turns red, flashes green, then turns red again, and the receiver beeps to indicate that the Wi-Fi reset was successful.
  • As soon as the WLAN restarts, the fan sends its service indicator (SSID).

:brown_circle: How do I Reset my Computer to Windows Vista?

Click the start menu and then click the arrow next to the lock icon. Click Restart. Your computer will reboot and recognize the Windows installation CD on startup. Press any key when Windows Vista prompts you to do so. Click on the name of the operating system you want to restore.

How do I set my computer to default settings for Windows Vista?

Select Custom when asked what type of installation you prefer. When asked where you want to install Windows Vista, select the C: / partition. Click Continue. The Windows Vista installation process begins and your computer returns to its default settings.

How can I reset the IP address of my computer?

At the command prompt, type netsh winsock reset and press Enter. 3. Type: netsh int ip reset and press Enter again. 4. Restart your computer. Alternatively, if you are using the TCP Optimizer, click Reset Winsock and/or Reset TCP/IP in the File menu and then reboot.

How to restore to factory settings in Windows Vista?

Steps 1 Perform a system recovery 2 Restore from a system image backup (using a Windows installation disc) 3 Restore from a system image backup (installation disc not included) 4 Reinstall Windows Vista 5 Restore factory settings.

How do you reset Internet connection?

Look for the reset button on your router. This rather small button is usually located on the back of your router. Press and hold the reset button for thirty seconds. To do this, you may need to insert a paperclip or similar into the reset slot and press the button firmly.

:brown_circle: What is network restore?

The Restore Network is a non-profit organization that encourages Christian families to work together in local churches to heed God's call to care for vulnerable children and families.

:brown_circle: How do I Reset my IP address in Windows XP?

Windows XP. Click "Start" and select "Run". Enter the command and press Enter. Enter the following commands and press Enter after each command: netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset. Restart the Netsh firewall. Remark. Service Pack 2 (or later) must be installed on Windows XP for these three commands to work correctly.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What should I do if I have a network problem in Windows XP?

Windows XP Click the Start button and select Run. Enter the command and press Enter. Enter the following commands and press Enter after each command: netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset. Restart the Netsh firewall. Remark. Service Pack 2 (or later) must be installed on Windows XP for these three commands to work correctly.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to reset netsh firewall in Windows XP?

1 Click the Start button and then select Run. 2 Enter the command and press Enter. 3 Type the following commands and press Enter after each command: netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset netsh firewall reset Windows XP must have Service Pack 2 (or later) installed. 4 Restart your computer.

What do I do if my computer wont Reset my IP?

Open the Metro screen and enter a command that will automatically open the search bar. Right click on the command prompt and select "Run as administrator" at the bottom of the screen. Enter the following commands and press Enter after each command: netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset.

How do you reset an iPad without a computer?

If you still have access to the iPad and need to do a factory reset to fix system errors or restore an iCloud backup, you can reset the iPad without a computer.
STEP 1 : Go to Settings > General > Reset and click on Erase All Content and Settings.
STEP 2 : You will be asked to confirm your action.

:brown_circle: How do you complete reset iPad?

Press and hold the buttons for at least 10 seconds. The Apple logo will appear on the screen and the reboot is complete. On the iPad's home screen, tap Settings. Click General in the left column and Reset at the bottom of the right column to reset all iPad settings.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Do you know how to reset MacBook Pro?

How to Factory Reset MacBook Pro Back up everything. A factory reset means that your data will be deleted from your MacBook. Separate yourself from everything. Closing applications is optional, but you can do this as a precaution. Erase the disc. It's time to reboot your Mac and clear the data from the drive. Reinstall macOS. The end.

Youtube tv issues

:brown_circle: How do you factory reset a Mac computer?

How to Restart Your Mac Once all your important files have been safely backed up, you can start a factory restore. Connect your MacBook to the power adapter, turn it on and hold down the Command key and the letter R. The Apple logo should appear on the screen indicating that you can drop it.