| If necessary, remove Protect from your account.
- Tap Settings. on the application home screen.
- Select the Nest Protect you just reset.
- Scroll down and select Remove Nest Protect. Confirm your choice.
Remove a Nest thermostat from your Nest account: Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner. At the bottom of the menu, select Remove Thermostat. You will then be asked to confirm your choice.
Here are some quick fixes to get Nest Protect back online:
- Press and hold the Nest Protect button.
- Make sure your home Wi-Fi network is working.
- Go to the Nest support page and check the status of the Nest service.
- Restart the WiFi router: unplug it, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.
- Look for Wi-Fi interference.
Press and hold the Nest button to reset Nest Protect. As you hold the button down, Nest will snap into place and glow blue. Press and hold the button until Nest Protect shows the version number, then release the button.
This is how:
- Select Nest Protect from the Nest app home screen.
- Select Settings in the top corner.
- Select the alarm options.
- Select Turn off alarm.
- Toggle the switch to turn off app silence. If you want to reactivate the “App Silence” option in the future, all you have to do is activate it. Cancel.
Reset and reset the Nest thermostat
Network reset will delete all network information from the thermostat. The thermostat will no longer be connected to the internet and will forget the WiFi password. > Network menu. Resetting the Nest thermostat to factory defaults will reset all learning settings and remove all personal settings.
To change the owner of a Nest camera, you must first remove your account from the device so someone else can take over the new owner. To remove a Nest Cam from your account: Sign in to the Nest app.
If you need access to more than two households, you will need to create a new Nest account with a different email address. You can create as many Nest accounts as you like, as long as each account uses a different email address. You can then create up to two additional households or accept invitations for each account.
Thanks for asking this question! You can reset your Nest thermostat and Nest Protect to their default settings, which is very useful when you are on the move and want to leave the product. It will also erase all your personal data.
You can lock your Google Nest thermostat from the Thermostat Settings menu or with the Nest app. Important: Even if the Nest thermostat is blocked, it will continue to heat or cool at all programmed temperatures, even if they are outside the blocked temperature range.
Here’s how to reactivate Nest Protect:
Normally the Nest Protect light ring is off. When it’s on, Nest Protect has something to tell you. Blue light indicates Nest Protect is active and ready to be connected or tested. During setup, Nest Protect will glow blue when it’s on and ready to be set up.
Remove the Nest thermostat and reinsert the old thermostat. Make sure the wires are placed in the correct connectors. Turn on the system and verify that it is working properly. It could be a fuse on the stove or a broken circuit breaker. We recommend that you go to a Nest Pro.
- Check the version of your Nest app.
- Check the status of the Nest service.
- Make sure the WiFi is working at home.
- Move closer to your router.
- Restart the router.
- Reset Nest Protect and your mobile device.
- Check the settings of the wireless router or access point.
- Check the list of incompatibilities.