Definition of Research:
The systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.
Systematic investigative process employed to increase or revise current knowledge by discovering new facts. It is divided into two general categories: (1) Basic research is inquiry aimed at increasing scientific knowledge, and (2) Applied research is effort aimed at using basic research for solving problems or developing new processes, products, or techniques.
Synonyms of Research
Investigation, Experimentation, Testing, Exploration, Analysis, Fact-finding, Examination, Scrutiny, Scrutinization, Probing, Amassing evidence, Analysis, Assay, Beat the bushes, Bring to test, Burrow, Check out, Close inquiry, Confirm, Cut and try, Delve, Delve into, Delving, Department of investigation, Detection, Detective work, Dig, Dig into, Digging, Enquiry, Essay, Examination, Examine, Exhaustive study, Experiment, Experimentation, Exploration, Explore, Fact-finding, Forage, Frisk, Give a try, Give a tryout, Go through, Have a go, Hearing, Hunt, Indagation, Inquest, Inquire into, Inquiry, Inquisition, Inspect, Inspection, Investigate, Investigation, Investigative bureau, Legislative investigation, Legwork, Look around, Look round, Look through, Nose around, Perscrutation, Play around with, Poke, Poke around, Practice upon, Probe, Probing, Prove, Pry, Put to trial, Quest, Road-test, Root, Run a sample, Sample, Scrutinize, Scrutiny, Search, Search through, Shake down, Sifting, Sleuthing, Smell around, Study, Substantiate, Taste, Test, Try, Try it on, Try out, Validate, Verify, Witch-hunt, Investigate, Conduct investigations into, Study, Inquire into, Make inquiries into, Look into, Probe, Explore, Analyse, Examine, Scrutinize, Inspect, Review, Assess
How to use Research in a sentence?
- I did not understand why my electric bill was so high so I did some research to figure out what had changed from previous months.
- When preparing a new wage scale, its important for an employer to do adequate research to determine what other companies pay for similar positions.
- We are fighting meningitis by raising money for medical research.
- She has spent the last five years researching her peoples history.
- I took them on a tour of our research and development laboratory as I thought my son would find it interesting.
Meaning of Research & Research Definition