Definition of Requisition:
A requisition initiates the request for a specific action and also records that action for subsequent reporting needs. For example, employees within a company would use a purchase requisition if they needed additional supplies. At one time requisitions were done via paper forms, but most companies now use digital requisition processes that enable easier tracking of the process, including an accounting of relevant inventory. These types of requisitions oftentimes automatically update the inventory for better controls.
A requisition refers to the process of formally requesting a service or item, typically using a purchase requisition form or other standardized document. The requisition process is a standardized way of keeping track of and accounting for all requisitions made within a business.
An official order laying claim to the use of property or materials.
Demand the use or supply of, especially by official order and for military or public use.
Written order or a formal demand by the user(s) of a good or service (which is not made available without a specific request) to the organizations purchase (or stores) department. It generally includes the brand and model name or number, description, quantity, and the required delivery date. Also called purchase requisition.
Synonyms of Requisition
Order, Purchase order, Request, Call, Application, Address, Adopt, Adoption, Application, Apply for, Appropriate, Appropriation, Arrogate, Arrogation, Ask, Ask for, Asking, Assume, Assumption, Authorization, Authorize, Bare necessities, Beck, Beck and call, Beg leave, Bespeak, Bid come, Bidding, Blackmail, Call, Call away, Call back, Call for, Call forth, Call in, Call out, Call together, Call up, Calling, Calling forth, Challenge, Cite, Claim, Clamor for, Colonization, Colonize, Commandeer, Confiscate, Conjure, Conjure up, Conquer, Conquest, Contribution, Convene, Convocation, Convoke, Crave, Cry for, Demand, Demand for, Desideration, Desideratum, Desire, Draft, Drain, Duty, Enslave, Enslavement, Essential, Essentials, Evocation, Evoke, Exact, Exaction, Expressed desire, Expropriate, Extort, Extortion, Extortionate demand, File for, Heavy demand, Hog, Impetration, Impose, Imposition, Impost, Indent, Indispensable, Insistent demand, Invocation, Invoke, Issue an ultimatum, Jump a claim, Levy, Make a demand, Make a request, Make a requisition, Make application, Make free with, Make use of, Mandate, Monopolize, Must, Must item, Muster, Muster up, Necessaries, Necessities, Necessity, Need, Need for, Nod, Nonnegotiable demand, Notice, Occasion, Occupation, Occupy, Order, Order up, Overrun, Page, Petition, Place an order, Postulate, Preconization, Preconize, Preempt, Preemption, Preoccupation, Preoccupy, Prepossess, Prepossession, Prerequirement, Prerequisite, Put in for, Put in requisition, Recall, Request, Require, Requirement, Requisite, Rush, Rush order, Screw, Seize, Send after, Send for, Serve, Sit on, Solicit, Squat on, Subjugate, Subjugation, Subpoena, Summon, Summon forth, Summon up, Summons, Take all of, Take it all, Take over, Take possession of, Take up, Takeover, Taking over, Tax, Taxing, The necessary, The needful, Tribute, Ultimatum, Usurp, Usurpation, Voucher, Want, Warn, Warning, Whistle for, Wish, Commandeer, Appropriate, Take, Take over, Take possession of, Occupy
How to use Requisition in a sentence?
- I had to make various requisitions for staff and accommodations.
- The requisition process typically requires the use of standardized documents, known as requisition forms, to maintain an audit trail along the way, although today most of these are electronic forms.
- The government had assumed powers to requisition cereal products at fixed prices.
- Sometimes when buying something expensive the purchaser will fill out a requisition order to ensure everything goes smooth and fine.
- Requisitions are often used to procure additional supplies, raw materials, or worker hours in order to achieve better inventory control.
- He must answer the kings requisition in order to be granted access to the hidden chambers below, where the hidden treasures reside.
- In order to acquire the appropriate product, the customer provided a requisition to the company so that they could efficiently satisfy the customer.
- A requisition is a formal request for obtaining a product or service, typically initiated by a business.
Meaning of Requisition & Requisition Definition