Definition of Remuneration:
Remuneration often refers to the total compensation received by an executive, which includes not only the person's base salary but options, bonuses, expense accounts and other forms of compensation.
Remuneration is payment or compensation received for services or employment. This includes a base salary and any bonuses or other economic benefits that an employee or executive receives during employment.
Money paid for work or a service.
Reward for employment in the form of pay, salary, or wage, including allowances, benefits (such as company car, medical plan, pension plan), bonuses, cash incentives, and monetary value of the noncash incentives.
Synonyms of Remuneration
Payment, Pay, Salary, Wages, Amends, Atonement, Base pay, Blood money, Compensation, Consideration, Damages, Dismissal wage, Earnings, Emolument, Escalator clause, Escalator plan, Financial remuneration, Gross income, Guaranteed annual wage, Guerdon, Hire, Honorarium, Income, Indemnification, Indemnity, Living wage, Meed, Minimum wage, Net income, Pay, Pay and allowances, Payment, Payroll, Portal-to-portal pay, Price, Purchasing power, Quittance, Real wages, Recompense, Redress, Reimbursement, Reparation, Repayment, Requital, Requitement, Restitution, Retribution, Return, Reward, Salary, Salvage, Satisfaction, Severance pay, Sliding scale, Smart money, Solatium, Stipend, Take-home, Take-home pay, Taxable income, Total compensation, Wage, Wage control, Wage freeze, Wage reduction, Wage rollback, Wage scale, Wages, Wages after deductions, Wages after taxes, Wergild
How to use Remuneration in a sentence?
- Dale told his wife triumphantly that the extra remuneration from his promotion that day would finally allow the two to try for a baby.
- In the case of executives, remuneration is a reference to the combination of salary, options, bonuses, and other financial compensation.
- The new employee was very pleased by the considerable remuneration his position at the company afforded him and was already planning what he should buy with it.
- Remuneration refers to the total amount an employee receives for performing a service or for being employed by a company or organization.
- They work in excess of their contracted hours for no additional remuneration.
- The City of Norfolk agrees to provide additional remuneration to top teachers and principal if the schools in question meet stated objectives and goals within the calendar year.
- Deferred compensation, such as a retirement plan, is another component of remuneration for some employees.
Meaning of Remuneration & Remuneration Definition