Reciprocity

Reciprocity,

Definition of Reciprocity:

1. The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit, especially privileges granted by one country or organization to another.

2. International trade: Lowering of import duties and other trade barriers in return for similar concessions from another country. Reciprocity is a traditional principle of GATT/WTO, but is practicable only between developed nations due to their roughly matching economies. For trade between them and developing nations, the concept of relative reciprocity is applied whereby the developed nations accept less than full reciprocity from their developing trading partners.

3. General: Exchange of equal or identical advantages or privileges, such as removal of traveling restriction between two countries.

Synonyms of Reciprocity

Accord, Accordance, Affinity, Agape, Agreement, Alternation, Amity, Balance, Battledore and shuttlecock, Bipartisanship, Bonds of harmony, Brotherly love, Caritas, Cement of friendship, Charity, Coaction, Coadjuvancy, Coadministration, Coagency, Cochairmanship, Codirectorship, Coequality, Collaboration, Collaborativeness, Collectivism, Collusion, Commensalism, Common effort, Common enterprise, Communalism, Communion, Communism, Communitarianism, Community, Community of interests, Commutation, Compatibility, Complicity, Concert, Concord, Concordance, Concurrence, Congeniality, Cooperation, Cooperativeness, Corelation, Correlation, Correlativism, Correlativity, Correspondence, Counterchange, Cross fire, Duet, Duumvirate, Ecumenicalism, Ecumenicism, Ecumenism, Empathy, Equilibrium, Equipollence, Equivalence, Esprit, Esprit de corps, Exchange, Feeling of identity, Fellow feeling, Fellowship, Frictionlessness, Give-and-take, Good vibes, Good vibrations, Happy family, Harmony, Identity, Interchange, Intermutation, Interplay, Inverse proportion, Inverse ratio, Inverse relationship, Joining of forces, Joint effort, Joint operation, Kinship, Lex talionis, Like-mindedness, Love, Mass action, Measure for measure, Morale, Mutual admiration, Mutual assistance, Mutual support, Mutual transfer, Mutualism, Mutuality, Octet, Oneness, Peace, Permutation, Pooling, Pooling of resources, Proportionality, Pulling together, Quartet, Quid pro quo, Quintet, Rapport, Rapprochement, Reciprocality, Reciprocation, Relativity, Retaliation, Septet, Sextet, Sharing, Solidarity, Something for something, Symbiosis, Symmetry, Sympathy, Symphony, Synergism, Synergy, Team spirit, Teamwork, Tit for tat, Transposal, Transposition, Trio, Triumvirate, Troika, Understanding, Union, Unison, United action, Unity, Exchange, Trade, Trade-off, Swap, Switch, Barter, Substitute, Substitution, Reciprocity, Reciprocation, Return, Payment, Remuneration, Amends, Compensation, Indemnity, Recompense, Restitution, Reparation, Satisfaction

How to use Reciprocity in a sentence?

1. I dont think it will be that hard for me to move across the country with my job because teachers have reciprocity in other states.
  2. The country formally terminated its part in the reciprocity agreement as it found other countries were lax and neglectful in upholding their end of the deal.
  3. I have a vendor I give a lot of business to. The other day, he called me and said out of appreciation hed refer a huge client to me. Low and behold, I closed a big deal thanks to his reciprocity .
  4. The Community intends to start discussions on reciprocity with third countries.

Meaning of Reciprocity & Reciprocity Definition