Reasonable doubt

Reasonable doubt,

Definition of Reasonable doubt:

1. Under U.S. law, a defendant is considered innocent until proven guilty. If the judge or jury has a reasonable doubt about the defendant’s guilt, the defendant cannot be convicted.

2. Lack of proof that prevents a judge or jury to convict a defendant for the charged crime. The prosecution must provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt to establish the defendants guilt otherwise he or she is entitled to an acquittal.

3. Uncertainty as to the guilt of a criminal defendant; specifically doubt in the minds of the jurors that enough proof that the defendant is guilty has been presented in a criminal case; frequently in beyond reasonable doubt ; also as a count noun.

4. Reasonable doubt is the traditional standard of proof that must be exceeded to secure a guilty verdict in a criminal case in a court of law. The phrase “beyond a reasonable doubt” means that the evidence presented and the arguments put forward by the prosecution establish the defendant’s guilt so clearly that they must be accepted as fact by any rational person.

How to use Reasonable doubt in a sentence?

1. Clear and convincing evidence is somewhat less rigorous. It requires that a judge or jury be persuaded that the prosecution case is true.
  2. As a juror, I believe that the evidence provided in this case prove that the plaintiff is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt .
  3. Reasonable doubt is the highest standard of proof, requiring that guilt be proven to the satisfaction of a rational person.
  4. I really thought my dog had eaten my remote control since he was alone with it when I left the room, then I found out that several people had entered the room while I was gone and any one of then could have eaten or taken the remote, so given the reasonable doubt this created, I am keeping my dog.
  5. A preponderance of the evidence is the least rigorous standard. It requires only that the prosecution case be more persuasive than the defense case.
  6. If you ever want to try and bring legal charges against someone make sure that there is no reasonable doubt about the case.

Meaning of Reasonable doubt & Reasonable doubt Definition

Reasonable Doubt,

Definition of Reasonable Doubt:

1. Reasonable Doubt means, Doubts that are hesitant to act on matters related to a sensible person.

Literal Meanings of Reasonable Doubt

Reasonable:

Meanings of Reasonable:
  1. (Someone) who has a fair and reasonable decision.

2. As an insider, it is appropriate or quite moderate.

Synonyms of Reasonable

sensible, rational, open to reason, full of common sense, logical, fair, fair-minded, just, equitable, decent, within reason, practicable

Doubt:

Meanings of Doubt:
  1. Feeling insecure or uncertain.

2. Feel insecure

3. Fear of fear.

Sentences of Doubt
  1. The veracity of this story has been called into question.

2. I doubt my ability to work

3. I do not doubt your contradiction

Synonyms of Doubt

uncertainty, lack of certainty, unsureness, indecision, hesitation, hesitancy, dubiousness, suspicion, confusion, doubt, distrust, mistrust, have doubts about, harbour suspicions about, have misgivings about, be sceptical about, have qualms about, be suspicious of, be wary of, feel chary about