Definition of Quintile:
Any of five equal groups into which a population can be divided according to the distribution of values of a particular variable.
One of the four numbers (values) that divide a range of data into five equal parts, each being 1/5th (20 percent) of the range. See also quartile.
An aspect of 72° (one fifth of a circle).
How to use Quintile in a sentence?
- Being able to break down each quintile will let you know how to proceed the following year if there are slow times.
- We had to find out the quintile and then we had to go to lunch because I was really hungry and didnt wanna work anymore.
- As it has then gone three fifths around the zodiac or 216°, that is three quintile divisions, in the other direction, it is again pointing towards Earth, and this is within less than one degree!.
- In 1980, a majority of voters in three out of five income quintiles reported choosing the Democratic candidate, and the fourth quintile was nearly tied.
- When breaking things down to every quintile you must make sure to get all of your data correct to the percent.
Meaning of Quintile & Quintile Definition