Definition of Public policy:
Declared State objectives relating to the health, morals, and well being of the citizenry. In the interest of public policy, legislatures and courts seek to nullify any action, contract, or trust that goes counter to these objectives even if there is no statute that expressly declares it void.
The principle that injury to the public good is a basis for denying the legality of a contract or other transaction.
The principles, often unwritten, on which social laws are based.
How to use Public policy in a sentence?
- When deciding public policy , politicians need to have their constituents best interests at heart, as that is who is being most affected.
- It is public policy that the streets are to be cleaned following the parade that happens on the first friday of every month.
- All their Lordships denied that public policy had a role in the decision.
- The idea of the public interest used to mean matters of public policy or issues of social importance.
- Even though it is not a law, it is public policy to always cover your mouth when sneezing because it is rude and unsanitary not to do so.
Meaning of Public policy & Public policy Definition