Definition of Protocol:
A formal or official record of scientific experimental observations.
The original draft of a diplomatic document, especially of the terms of a treaty agreed to in conference and signed by the parties.
Technology: Set of agreed upon, and openly published and distributed, standards that enables different firms to manufacture compatible devices to the same specifications. All devices made under the same protocol work with one another without any adjustment or modification.
A set of rules governing the exchange or transmission of data between devices.
The official procedure or system of rules governing affairs of state or diplomatic occasions.
Product development: Statement of attributes (features and benefits) that a new product must be designed to have. A product protocol is prepared by consulting all parties (customers, marketing, production, distribution) to the project.
General: Unwritten rules or guidelines that are peculiar to every culture or organization, and are supposed to be observed by all parties in the conduct of business, entertaining, negotiating, politics, etc.
Synonyms of Protocol
Accord, Agenda, Agreement, Amenities, Arrangement, Authority, Bargain, Batting order, Bill, Bill of fare, Binding agreement, Blueprint, Bond, Budget, Calendar, Card, Carte du jour, Cartel, Civilities, Civility, Collective agreement, Comity, Compact, Concordat, Consortium, Contract, Convention, Conventions, Courtliness, Covenant, Covenant of salt, Customs, Deal, Decencies, Decorum, Dicker, Diplomacy, Diplomatic code, Docket, Draft, Elegance, Elegancies, Employment contract, Etiquette, Exquisite manners, Form, Formal agreement, Formalities, Formality, Good form, Good manners, Ironclad agreement, Legal agreement, Legal contract, Lineup, List of agenda, Manners, Memorandum, Menu, Minute, Mores, Mutual agreement, Natural politeness, Note, Outline, Pact, Paction, Playbill, Point of etiquette, Politeness, Politesse, Practice, Program, Program of operation, Programma, Promise, Proprieties, Prospectus, Punctilio, Quiet good manners, Roster, Rules of conduct, Schedule, Slate, Social code, Social conduct, Social graces, Social procedures, Social usage, Stipulation, Transaction, Treaty, Understanding, Union contract, Usage, Valid contract, Wage contract, Etiquette, Social practice, Custom, Usage, Use, Habit, Wont, Protocol, Procedure, Rules, Convention, Tradition, Fashion, Style, Routine, Ritual, Pattern, Regimen, Policy, Method, System, Way, Rule, Formula, Set formula, Agreement, Treaty, Entente, Concord, Concordat, Convention, Deal, Pact, Contract, Compact, Settlement, Arrangement
How to use Protocol in a sentence?
- Protocol forbids the prince from making any public statement in his defense.
- Proper protocol for hearing a fire alarm includes calmly making your way out of the building and once out, remaining outside until professional firefighters allow you to return to the building.
- As a new employee, Jack was still learning the protocol of his new company including what clothes were appropriate and whether to call executives by their first name.
- When I began to work in the hospital I realized there was a protocol for everything, and if you didnt follow it you could get fired.
- Signatories to the Montreal Protocol.
- Internet mail protocols - the technical rules that govern how messages are transmitted - need revamping.
- Protocols of published cases frequently lack this vital information.
Meaning of Protocol & Protocol Definition