Definition of Prospecting:
The possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring.
Search for mineral deposits, especially by drilling and excavation.
A person regarded as likely to succeed or as a potential customer, client, etc.
An extensive view of landscape.
Systematically collecting names of the prospects (called leads).
Synonyms of Prospecting
Candidate, Possibility, View, Vista, Outlook, Perspective, Panorama, Aspect, Scene, Inspect, Survey, Make a survey of, Explore, Search, Scout, Reconnoitre, Examine, Check out, Likelihood, Hope, Expectation, Anticipation, Chance, Good chance, Poor chance, Chances, Odds, Probability, Possibility, Likeliness, Promise, Lookout
How to use Prospecting in a sentence?
- There was no prospect of a reconciliation.
- Norwichs unbeaten heavyweight prospect.
- A viewpoint commanding a magnificent prospect of the estuary.
- We decided to engage in prospecting as we wanted to familiarize our selves with all aspects of the relationships of the market participants.
- I was in the stands prospecting and would write down the names of all the potential players that I thought had a future in our league.
- If you are out prospecting and find what you are looking for you must take full advantage of it while you have the chance.
- The company is also prospecting for gold.
Meaning of Prospecting & Prospecting Definition