Definition of Promotion:
The action of raising someone to a higher position or rank or the fact of being so raised.
The action of promoting a catalyst.
In terms of a career, a promotion refers to the advancement of an employee's rank or position in a hierarchical structure. In marketing, promotion refers to a different sort of advancement. A sales promotion entails the features—via advertising and/or a discounted price—of a particular product or service. Product promotions can also be classified as "sales" or "specials.".
Activity that supports or provides active encouragement for the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim.
A job promotion is usually handed to an employee who has displayed exceptional performance or has developed the appropriate skills and knowledge necessary to take on additional job responsibility. In the latter case, the employee may need to work for a company for a required amount of time to be eligible for a promotion.
Human Resources: The advancement of an employees position within the organization.
The publicization of a product, organization, or venture so as to increase sales or public awareness.
Marketing: The advancement of a product, idea, or point of view through publicity and/or advertising. See also sales promotion.
Synonyms of Promotion
Encouragement, Furtherance, Furthering, Advancement, Assistance, Aid, Help, Contribution to, Fostering, Boosting, Stimulation, Development, Preferment, Upgrading, Move up, Elevation, Advancement, Advance, Step up, Step up the ladder, Aggrandizement, Great Leap Forward, Abetting, Acknowledgment, Advance, Advancement, Advancing, Advertisement, Advertising, Advocacy, Advocating, Affiche, Aiding, Amelioration, Amendment, Appreciation, Ascent, Assisting, Backing, Ballyhoo, Bettering, Betterment, Bill, Billboard, Blurb, Boost, Boosting, Broadside, Brochure, Bruiting, Buildup, Career, Championing, Circular, Commendation, Consumer preference study, Consumer research, Consumer survey, Course, Cultivation, Developing, Development, Direct-mail selling, Drumbeating, Elevation, Encouragement, Enhancement, Enrichment, Espousal, Eugenics, Euthenics, Exaltation, Expediting, Expedition, Facilitation, Fanfare, Flack, Flier, Flyer, Forward motion, Forwardal, Forwarding, Fostering, Furtherance, Furthering, Go-ahead, Good word, Hand-out, Handbill, Hard sell, Hawking, Headway, Helping, Helping along, High-pressure salesmanship, Hoarding, Honorable mention, Huckstering, Hype, Improvement, Improving, Inspiration, Inspiriting, Jobbing, Leaflet, Lift, Low-pressure salesmanship, Mail-order selling, March, Market research, Marketing, Marketing research, Melioration, Mend, Mending, Merchandising, Nurturing, Ongoing, Onward course, Passage, Peddling, Pickup, Placard, Plug, Plugging, Poster, Preference, Preferential treatment, Preferment, Presentation, Press-agentry, Progress, Progression, Progressiveness, Promoting, Propaganda, Public relations, Publicity, Publicization, Publicizing, Puff, Puffery, Recognition, Recommendation, Recovery, Restoration, Retailing, Revival, Rise, Rolling, Rolling on, Rushing, Sales campaign, Sales promotion, Salesmanship, Sanction, Sanctioning, Selling, Sellout, Soft sell, Space, Special treatment, Speeding, Stimulating, Stimulation, Strengthening, Support, Travel, Upbeat, Upgrade, Upgrading, Uplift, Upping, Upswing, Uptrend, Upward mobility, Way, Wholesaling, Advertising, Publicity, Marketing, Selling, Advertising campaign, Publicity campaign, Propaganda, Publicization
How to use Promotion in a sentence?
- The term is used differently in different contexts, the most popular being a job promotion.
- I received the new promotion at work and it cause a lot of people to treat me differently because they thought I was better than them.
- A sales promotion company.
- In investments, a promotion creates awareness of little known stocks in the hope of increasing demand and the price of the stock.
- Every person wants something slightly different out of their job, and because of that some might want a promotion to climb in the company, while others might want to refuse a promotion because they plan to leave their job.
- Majors designated for promotion to lieutenant colonel.
- A fourth target just over the horizon might be the promotion of local nitric oxide synthesis in bone by statins.
- A promotion can refer to the advancement of an employee's position, creating awareness around certain product deals, or creating buzz around little known stocks.
- Disease prevention and health promotion.
- Promotions are applied frequently in the marketing sector.
- Nike is having a new sales promotion tomorrow: if you buy one pair of shoes, you get another one free.
Meaning of Promotion & Promotion Definition