Definition of Promotion:
To take a person to a high place or position or to be so tall.
The catalyst for action.
In professional terms, promotion refers to the promotion of a position in a job status or ranking structure. In marketing, advertising refers to a variety of developments. Promoting sales involves the performance of certain products or services through advertising and / or discounts. It can also be categorized in terms of product promotion and sale.
Activities that support or provide active incentives to promote a goal, business or purpose.
Promotions are usually given to employees who have excelled in performing additional tasks or have developed skills and knowledge. In the latter case, the employee may need to work for the company for a short period of time to be eligible for promotion.
Human Resources: Further development of employee positions in the organization.
Promote products, organizations or companies to increase sales or public awareness.
Marketing: Promoting a product, idea, or vision through advertising and / or advertising. See also sales promotion.
Synonyms of Promotion
Advertising, Ballyhoo, Plugging, Eugenics, Publicity, Boosting, Fostering, Stimulation, Helping along, Furthering, Ongoing, Poster, Selling, Hand-out, Promoting, Stimulation, Recommendation, Amendment, Progression, Onward course, Advancing, Leaflet, Mail-order selling, Support, Retailing, Acknowledgment, Publicization, Placard, Circular, Elevation, Recognition, Plug, Headway, Hoarding, Honorable mention, Aggrandizement, Advancement, Betterment, Low-pressure salesmanship, Marketing, Preferential treatment, Expediting, Special treatment, Upward mobility, Course, Forwarding, Rolling, High-pressure salesmanship, Forward motion, Aid, Preferment, Hawking, Ascent, Flier, Developing, Upping, Space, Furthering, Selling, Development, Soft sell, Sanction, Sanctioning, Merchandising, Contribution to, Hard sell, Publicity campaign, Uptrend, Assisting, Advancement, Fostering, Brochure, Advertisement, Step up, Facilitation, Appreciation, Blurb, Hype, Advocating, Melioration, Wholesaling, Consumer survey, Step up the ladder, Consumer preference study, Expedition, Public relations, Bill, Helping, Amelioration, Mend, Espousal, Consumer research, Revival, Pickup, Direct-mail selling, Encouragement, Restoration, Enrichment, Presentation, Travel, Puff, Upgrading, Aiding, Speeding, Good word, Rise, Handbill, Sales promotion, Inspiriting, Elevation, Flyer, Abetting, Affiche, Nurturing, Bruiting, Jobbing, Boosting, Assistance, Way, Advertising, Stimulating, Advertising campaign, Strengthening, Press-agentry, Great Leap Forward, Boost, Publicization, Championing, Furtherance, Mending, Publicity, Help, Improvement, Buildup, Peddling, Move up, Progress, Flack, Uplift, Billboard, Preferment, Backing, Commendation, Progressiveness, Huckstering, Upgrading, Upswing, Propaganda, Advocacy, Drumbeating, Fanfare, Rushing, Furtherance, Sales campaign, Upgrade, Cultivation, Marketing research, Encouragement, Puffery, Career, Broadside, Exaltation, Preference, Market research, March, Lift, Salesmanship, Rolling on, Enhancement, Marketing, Advance, Upbeat, Advancement, Forwardal, Sellout, Passage, Publicizing, Propaganda, Bettering, Recovery, Development, Inspiration, Improving, Advance, Go-ahead, Euthenics
How to use Promotion in a sentence?
- The term is used differently in different contexts, most notably job promotion.
- I got a new promotion in the workplace and because of that a lot of people treated me differently because they thought I was better than them.
- Sales company
- When investing, act to disclose lesser known stocks in anticipation of rising demand and stock prices.
- Everyone wants to do something different in their work, so some may want a promotion in the company, while others may be denied a promotion because they are considering leaving the job.
- The elders were nominated for the promotion of Lieutenant Colonel.
- A fourth goal on the horizon may be to promote the local synthesis of nitric oxide in the bone by statins.
- Promotion can be about improving an employee's status, posting an offer for a particular product, or attracting an unknown promotion.
- Disease prevention and health promotion.
- Promotion is widely used in the marketing industry.
- Nike is launching a new ad tomorrow: When you buy a pair of shoes, you will get another one for free.
Meaning of Promotion & Promotion Definition