Principles

Principles,

Definition of Principles:

1. A fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behaviour or for a chain of reasoning.

2. A fundamental source or basis of something.

3. A general scientific theorem or law that has numerous special applications across a wide field.

4. Fundamental norms, rules, or values that represent what is desirable and positive for a person, group, organization, or community, and help it in determining the rightfulness or wrongfulness of its actions. Principles are more basic than policy and objectives, and are meant to govern both. See also principle.

Synonyms of Principles

Truth, Proposition, Concept, Idea, Theory, Postulate

How to use Principles in a sentence?

1. Physics has a big advantage here, since the ability to derive interesting conclusions from general principles comes earlier in physics than in other sciences.
  2. Steve considered himself a man of principles but his out-of-control gambling addiction soon had him pilfering money from the petty cash fund in violation of his most basic sense of right and wrong.
  3. I believe that honesty and openness are the two most important principles that my parents taught me growing up in regards to all types of relationships.
  4. The basic principles of justice.
  5. Steve considered himself a man of principles but his out-of-control gambling addiction soon had him pilfering money from the petty cash fund in violation of his most basic sense of right and wrong.

Meaning of Principles & Principles Definition