Definition of Pricing:
Method adopted by a firm to set its selling price. It usually depends on the firms average costs, and on the customers perceived value of the product in comparison to his or her perceived value of the competing products. Different pricing methods place varying degree of emphasis on selection, estimation, and evaluation of costs, comparative analysis, and market situation. See also pricing strategy.
Decide the amount required as payment for (something offered for sale).
Discover or establish the price of (something for sale).
The amount of money expected, required, or given in payment for something.
An unwelcome experience or action undergone or done as a condition of achieving an objective.
Synonyms of Pricing
Cost, Asking price, Selling price, Charge, Fee, Terms, Payment, Rate, Fare, Levy, Toll, Amount, Sum, Total, Figure, Fix the price of, Set the price of, Put a price on, Cost, Value, Rate, Evaluate, Assess, Estimate, Appraise, Assay, Consequence, Result, Cost, Toll, Penalty, Sacrifice, Forfeit, Forfeiture
How to use Pricing in a sentence?
- Land could be sold for a high price.
- She believed it to be a modest hovel, although many of the items she had acquired over the years were priced at a point many would gasp at.
- Our jewelry store carefully researches our competitors products, service, and pricing on an ongoing basis; and we adopted single-point pricing in our sales model.
- One of the most important things you can figure out when coming out with a new product is what the pricing should be.
- The price of their success was an entire day spent in discussion.
- The watches are priced at £55.
- The pricing strategy was paying off great and our items were flying off the shelves at a really quick pace.
Meaning of Pricing & Pricing Definition